Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Aaron

Default Celebrity Millenium vs. RCI Radiance of the Seas

My wife and I are looking forward to our first cruise in April '03. We can't decide between two cruise ships and their itineraries. We need some help in deciding between the two. Karen is 23, I'm 30. We're still pretty active but we're looking for a romantic week together. Here are the details (the both will cost about the same):
**Celebrity Millenium**
Ft. Lauderdale
At Sea
San Juan
Catalina Island, Dominican Republic
At Sea
Nassau, Bahamas
Ft. Lauderdale

**Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas**
San Juan
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. John's, Antigua
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Castries, St. Lucia
Bridgetown, Barbados
At Sea
San Juan
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Celebrity Millenium vs. RCI Radiance of the Seas

Due to your age category only (I have cruised Celebrity 5 times & RCCL on 3 ships) I would go with Radiance. It is actually a better value with the air to San Juan. The difference is a few ports to a lot of ports and more age related activities on Radiance.
Good luck and Bon Voyage
Old March 5th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Aaron

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium vs. RCI Radiance of the Seas

Thanks for the reply! We were definitely thinking of the age thing but we also like Celebrity's quality, first rate reputation.
Old March 5th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Celebrity Millenium vs. RCI Radiance of the Seas

Hi Aaron,
I just returned Sat. from this Radiance cruise and I would definitely choose this over Celebrity. Both ships are very close to the same size/layout, but Radiance was just amazing to look at, the art work and decor were much more to my liking and the itinary was great! I also cruised on Celebrity Infinity which is a sister ship to Millie and while Infinity was a beautiful ship, I did prefer cruising on Royal Caribbean, just a different atmosphere, food pretty close and entertainment is always the best on Royal Caribbean. This class of ship is wonderful for getting around, you can easily figure out where you are and where you want to go easily, plus there is the rock climbing wall, mini golf, etc. I think there were more activities and lots of nice intimate bars throughout, so it can be as romantic as you wish. We also had our first aft balcony cabin, loved it and love the way the layout of the cabins are, very comfortable, plenty of storage space, great service both in the dining room, windjammer cafe and our cabin attendant, I would highly recommend this cruise.

It is very port intensive, but you don't have to do full day excursions on all the calls, save some time to get back onboard in the afternoon and just relax at the pool, half the ship will still be in port.

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=938
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=939
http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=941

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post or e-mail me, not a problem.

I did just post some pics, so you can see a little of the ship.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 5th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Aaron & Karen

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium vs. RCI Radiance of the Seas

Hey Donna,
What was the weather like in February?
We will be going in April & we loved your pictures by the way!!
What was your favorite island?
St Lucia?
Thanks for all your help, we've decided to go on the Radiance!!
Old March 6th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium vs. RCI Radiance of the Seas

Hi Aaron,
So glad you decided on Radiance, you will not be disappointed at all. Weather last week was just beautiful, around 85 every port, a little rain, but not much, only lasted for 10 minutes or so, no big deal. You may find the humidity a bit higher, but it will be nice and warm, be sure to pack a good sunscreen and go to your local tanning spa a few times before you leave, helps not get that burn.

My favorite island was St. Maarten. Its very friendly, pretty, good shopping and the locals don't bother you like some spots. Antiqua was terrible with the taxi drivers, must of had 10 ask me if I needed one, almost as bad as Jamaica, so be prepared. You'll see plenty of beautiful islands. St. Lucia was my next favorite island on this cruise. WE took a ride over to one of the 3 "Sandals" for a day of some R/R, it was a nice change and we got to see a little of this pretty island. I just sent in my review, so keep an eye out for that, or if you want to read it now, just e-mail me.

This itinary can be a bit hectic, but if you plan things nicely, you can still have plenty of leisure time, you're going to love this ship!

Message Boards Moderator