Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Melissa28

Default Shark Alley Belize? Any info?

We are traveling on the Legend on 3/26 and have read a lot about the shark and stingray tours, but is there anyone besides Carnival that you can book with? Also would love to hear about your time in Belize, Costa Rica, or Panama. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2003, 09:54 PM
jacquelyn

Default Re: Shark Alley Belize? Any info?

My family and I did Belize last year on Norweigan Sun. Have cruised numerous times and by far the Shark Ray Alley was the most memorable. In fact next year we are going to rent a house just so we can do this excursion again. I was able to touch a Sand Shark. It was amazing. I think also the tour guides on our excursion were wonderful. We stopped at an island called Ambergris Caye. They made sure everyone of us(20) were seated and had our food before they sat down and ate. I can not help you on the other destination but would in a heart beat advise you to do the Shark Ray Alley excursion.
Old March 16th, 2003, 11:04 PM
Melissa28

Default Re: Re: Shark Alley Belize? Any info?

Thank you for the info, did you go through the cruiseline? I heard they have stingray too, is that true?
Old March 17th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Nanatravel.

Melissa, watch for new reviews on this itinerary after Tuesday, 3/18. The Legend will return from this itinerary again tomorrow. We will be on the 4/11 cruise, so are also interested in as many opinions of tours & things to do ashore as you are. The tendering issue at Belize is what causes concern for private tour arrangements due to timing. There is a lot of information on cruise forums on-line, but you may have to hunt for it under the cruiselines' name or port names. At Limon, there are organized taxi tours; booth with staff in red shirts is to the Right of the ship with prices written on a board, thus no negotiation is necessary. Keep in mind, prices may be higher at these ports due to the dollar valuation and the distance to many sites. At Colon, if you have not been into the Canal/Locks, a tour into the locks is probably worth every penny. We will plan to take the Ocean to Ocean Train tour to Panama City. Please post when you return and let us know what you did at ports.
Bon Voyage
Old March 21st, 2003, 06:10 PM
jacquelyn

Default Re: Re: Re: Shark Alley Belize? Any info?

Yes they have sting rays and beautiful fish. I went through the cruiseline,
Old March 23rd, 2003, 07:11 PM
MichelleM

We went to Belize on the Paradise last month and went cave tubing thru an independent tour operator, Reggie www.regtour.com
It was great fun and absolutely beautiful.

Everyone that went on the ship's sharkray alley excursion raved about it, that it was such an unique experience and how clear the water was.
Old March 29th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Passenger

How long was this excursion?

NCL's STAR - Alaska 6/06/04
Sensation - W. Caribbean 2/21/04
Inspiration - W. Caribbean 6/8/03
Pride - W. Caribbean 6/02
NCL's Sky - Alaska 6/01
Fantasy - Bahamas 6/97
HAL's Zaandam - E. Caribbean 6/00
HAL's Ryndam - Alaska 9/98
Old April 3rd, 2003, 08:26 PM
Passenger

Went on the Shark Ray Alley excursion on the Carnival Pride last October - it was DEFINITELY the highlight of our entire trip. The excursion was WELL worth the $$. It was absolutely beautiful...bring your sunscreen.