Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Lacey Jane

Default Who had done exotic western carribean Norwegian Sky help asa

Hi,
We are a group of 8 adults, mid to late 40's,on our cruise we like to take a cab to the beach for clear, calm, warm water or plan a shore excursion on our own (THERE ARE NOT ANY SNORKLERS IN OUR GROUP) I am the one making the decision for the whole group (and the one to hear the complaints) HELP ME DECIDE WHICH CRUISE TO PICK PLEASE PLEASE These are the two choices we have which one???? Norwegian Sun Jan. 25, 2004 Exotic Western Caribbean leaves out of Miami Florida stops- Jamaica, George Town Grand Cayman, Costa Maya Mexico and Cozumel Mexico OR Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Jan. 25 Southern Caribbean leaves out of San Juan Puerto Rico Oranjestad Aruba, Willemstad Curacao, St. Maarten, St., Thomas Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Dennis Brown

Default Re: Who had done exotic western carribean Norwegian Sky help

Hi Lacey;

My wife and I have done both of these cruises and, while we thoroughly enjoyed both, our preference would be the San Juan, Aruba, Curacao, etc one. We were on the Enchantment of the Seas. We found there were more interesting excursions from which to choose, better shopping experiences (my wife told me to say that), and all around beauty. Aruba and Curacao remain my favorite ports of call after many cruises.

That's not to say Cozumel and Grand Cayman aren't nice - they are ( we didn't like Jamaica, but that may be a personal preference).You can't go wrong choosing either of these cruises - after all they are cruises and we have yet to come upon a bad one.
Old March 20th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'd also go with Adventures of the Seas out of San Juan, just ports that I enjoyed better than the usual western ones.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 21st, 2003, 08:52 AM
Admiral

since you are looking for great beaches, i would choose the Adventurer of the Seas.
Old March 21st, 2003, 09:47 AM
Admiral

RCCL Adventure and that itinerary gets my vote. Your friends and family will be treated to a better over all cruise experience on this cruise line alone. The ports are very easy to plan group taxi tours also. Now, you need to take the burden off of your self so you won't be the "complaint department". See that everyone has the information you are gathering but let them know up front, that it is their option for what they wish to do each day, their cabin choice (let them deal with the TA directly after you have booked a group with the TA).
Old March 23rd, 2003, 07:13 PM
MichelleM

We have done 2 southern caribbean cruises and would jump again at doing another one. The only thing that stops us is the airfare to San Juan. Both of us can fly to FLL for less then one of us flying to San Juan at the present time.
Aruba is so beautiful and we want to go to Curacao so much, heard lots of great things about it.