Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Default Costa Rica & Panama excursions

My husband and I are traveling with our children, ages 12 and 8, on the Coral Princess. We are all interested in the Rain Forests and seeing wildlife. Any suggestions on the best excursions in Costa Rica and Panama for this? Thank you!

Post Edited (03-20-03 16:18)
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Costa Rica & Panama excursions

If available take the Tortuguero Canal tour in Costa Rica. You will see tons of rain forest, flora , fauna, monkeys, sloths, bird life and even crocadiles in the comfort of a nice covered boat with a skilled guide.
Old March 24th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Gray

Panama !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even think of going alone one of the most dangerous places that P&O Princess visit
Everywhere you look has Armed guards even the tourist shops at the docks that are within the Security barracades
Old March 26th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Admiral

You can save money at Limon by taking a taxi tour on your own. There is a price list not far from where you will disembark off of your ship. Agents are in red shirts. We plan to take the Tortugero Canal tour with a drive through the countryside including a Banana Plantation and stop at a local grocery store for Coffee and Vanila. Great souvenirs to bring home. At Colon, Panama we will take a ship's tour. If you and the boys have never been into the canal, than including this in your tour will be great. On our ship there is a tour that includes the Imberia Indian reservation and a stop at one of the canal locks.
Bon Voyage
Old March 30th, 2003, 05:23 PM
First Mate

Nanatravel,

We are leaving a Panama canal cruise on April13th! I really want to just take a taxi to the rain forest(nearest one is??) and then go for a hike and take a taxi back. The man in red shirts do they take you for example to Tortugero national park if you wanted?? Do they use vans or cars? Thank you for that information, we are both in our 20's and we would really like to do a hike but not a tour.

Peter
Old April 1st, 2003, 02:18 PM
Admiral

We leave the 11th.! I have been told that there is a "Board" near the area with independent operators, with predetermined "tour" prices noted, so you do not have to haggle but the drivers both cab and van will adjust your tour to your request.
Old April 7th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Donna Klein

My husband, kids (15 and 11) and I will be on the carnival legend. When we stop in Costa Rica are there tours that you can get at the dock to the Rain Forest Aerial Tram or is it better to take the boat excursion (so you know that you will get there and back on time)???
Also, has anyone done a good tour of Gutan Locks in Panama? We were thinking of just taking a cab but I am being told that is too dangerous.
HELP
Old June 23rd, 2003, 10:54 PM
SF Sharon

Hey folks, isn't anyone going to report back on how their canal cruise went?

I would love to know your thoughts and opinions about the itinerary, ship, weather, etc.
Old June 24th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Sharon, I did a thorough review of the Carnival Legend including Costa Rica and Panama. Just go to the Reveiw section.
Old June 24th, 2003, 04:22 PM
SF Sharon

Thanks, Nana, I will check it out for the ports and your thoughts about which side of the ship is best for viewing. It has been my habit to look at the reviews for specific lines, and I tend to think of Carnival more for the Caribbean, though I realize they have expanded their offerings.