Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2003, 10:35 AM
Passenger

Default Wyndham Old San Juan

I'm staying at the Wyndham Old San Juan before my cruise and I was wondering if anyone else has stayed there, 2 questions:

Since I have an included transfer to the ship, does that mean I can't arrive early to the ship?

How good was the travel agent in the hotel? Did they offer a bunch of tours from different companies? (because on their website they list some tours from one company that only go on specific days and require booking 48 hours in advance.)
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2003, 07:10 AM
Jacquelyn

Default Re: Wyndham Old San Juan

I do not know what cruise ship you are going on or when, but have you thought about booking your own hotel room before the cruise. I leave the end of May, through the cruiseline they want 109.00 per person for the hotel we are staying in. I booked through hotwire and got 98.00 for a room. I have 6 people going so I saved quite a bit of money and I am staying at a much nicer hotel. We were originally booked to Old San Juan, now I am at Caribe Hilton. I was told it was easier if you did your own transportation if you are going in a day early.
Old March 22nd, 2003, 03:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Wyndham Old San Juan

Jacquelyn,
Please read my question before replying. As I said before, I am staying at the Wyndham and my question was for people who have stayed there before and what their experience was with the travel agent in the hotel.
Old March 24th, 2003, 05:57 AM
Passenger

I have stayed at the Wyndam twice. Loved it. Perfect location-across the street from your cruise ship. The hotel will ask you to leave your luggage outside your door in the morning-do this. Leave anything you don't want to carry all morning. Tagged and locked of course. They will take this luggage to the ship directly. Do not bother to take the transfer to the ship at 2:30 or whenever they told you to meet the bus. Just walk to the dock around 12:30 and check in. I did this last month and had no problems whatsoever.And I am doing this again in 2 weeks. As for shore excurtions-never took any-had too great a time walking around Old San Juan-Great shopping if your game.
Happy Cruising, Margo
Old March 25th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Passenger

Thanks Margo for the tip. But I only travel with carry-on luggage, so will I be able to walk on the ship with a small rolling suitcase and take it to the room myself?
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:57 PM
aimfred

Which ship are you cruising on? One thing to be aware of : Some of the Royal Caribbean ships do not sail from the pier directly across from the Wyndham Old San Juan. The larger ships (Voyager Class) sail from the Pan Am pier about 10 minutes away by cab.
Old March 25th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Passenger

Yes you can if your suitcase is small enough to fit in a metal detector about the size the airports use. Actually that is better that you carry it on yourself. That was you won't have to wait till 6pm or later to get your belongings. Have a great trip.