Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Passenger

Default Plantation in Ocho Rios, anyone been there?

We are scheduled to go to the Dunns River Falls and Plantation tour. I know Dunns will be a blast but what about the plantation? I can't find anyone who has done the plantation. Please help , we leave in April. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Dennis brown

Default Re: Plantation in Ocho Rios, anyone been there?

Hi Bob:

My wife and i did the plantation tour in 2001. We found it rather long getting there with a considerable amount of walking involved on the actual tour. The scenery was very nice ( all kinds of plants and flowers - the ruins of an old water wheel - the remains of a plantation owner's house - a beautiful river - an old forge and a demonstration on how sugar was extracted from cane. We were even treated to a barbecued piece of 'jerky chicken'. We were also shown how and where pineapples are grown.

The plantation has lots of trees which makes for very little breeze and high temparatures - so make sure you bring lots of water. Also, washroom are scarce.

I hope this helps. I don't mean to be negative because we did enjoy ourselves.
I'm sure its not as exciting as Dunn River Falls - we chose the plantation because my wife's arthritic condition prevented her from taking the Dunn River tour.

Enjoy your vacation!!!