Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2003, 11:17 PM
zak

Default Mayan Sites in Belize

Has anyone done the Mayan Sites in Belize? The off road adventure in Costa Rica? Any comments would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2003, 02:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mayan Sites in Belize

I just saw some great photo's of the Off Road vehicle at Costa Rica. Denise posted a review and her Photo link on two other forums; the addicts and the critics under the Carnival thread. She was on the Spirit.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 07:32 PM
Full metal jacket

We took a bicycle trip in the Rain(less) forest in Belieze and our stopping point was the Mayan ruins. This is the first ruins we have visited. I was not impressed, but we are not into Mayan Ruins. There were 4 mounds( please forgive my lack of knowledge) of ruins, 2 large 2 small. We climbed the tallest which took probable 5 to 10 minutes. The mounds are being reconstructed which took away from the site. I am glad we visited them, although I was not impressed I would of always wondered what they looked like.
Old April 4th, 2003, 07:57 AM
VickiC

We were in Belize 2/2/02, went to Alta Ha with a private guide. His name is Mark McField and he is great. His email is markmcf@BTL.net. He picked us up at the port took us to the ruins, we stopped for lunch then went shopping. He is an archelogist, sorry for the spelling, and very knowledgeable. If I can be of further help just let me know.
We will be in Belize on May 6 and will use Mark again.
Vicki