Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2003, 04:30 PM
tigercat

Default Limon, Costa Rica excursions?

I am (after the deposit is sent) going on the Cruisemates Spirit cruise in Jan. It stops at Limon. I was wondering what kind of excursions there are there. The Carnival web sites doesn't list Limon on their excursion web site.
tigercat
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Melissa28

Default Re: Limon, Costa Rica excursions?

You can call them and they will fax you a copy of the tours, they do have them I don't know why they took it off their website. We got home yesterday from the Carnival Legend, and we went out on our own we took a water taxi to Caye Caulker where we went to Coral Gardens, the Reef, and Shark and Ray alley. It was great at one time I had three nurse sharks about six to eight feet away from me, I can't wait to get the pictures developed! There's lots to do through Carnival but they are all very expensive! The one warning about going on your own there is that there is only one water taxi that runs every hour and a half so if you get there and the boat is full it WILL leave you there. Which is you wait for the next taxi you WILL miss the ship! We did and were traveling with two children 5 & 7! We had to pay a guy we met that had a boat to bring us the forty five minute ride back to the ship. So please be very early!
I talked to a lot of people that were dissapointed in their choices on these ports. The best advice is to research, know what you want to do and then either rent a car or get a taxi. Most of these drivers will stay with you the whole time driving you from place to place and sharing the flavor of the land.
Old April 6th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Melissa28,

Your response sounds as if you're talking about Belize and not about Costa Rica. If I am correct, can you tell us what excursons you took in Limon, Costa Rica?

Old April 8th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Melissa is correct that Carnival will fax you a copy of the tours that they anticipate will be available for your ship & itinerary. There are a lot for Limon. Also, at Limon's pier, there are organized indepentend tour operators with a sign indicating the exact amounts for different tours. We will be there next week, so I will have more facts for you by the end of the month. If there is something special that you are interested in, like White Water Rafting, just let me know by tomorrow 4/9.
Melissa's water taxi info was at Belize for Caye Caulker as you guessed. We plan to go Cave Tubing with Reggie with about 20 others on Sunday at Belize. I can't wait to get away from this snow.
Old April 9th, 2003, 07:18 PM
tigercat

I would like any info you can give me. The white water rafting looks good but my husband is always interested in biking tours. I was looking at reg tours for Belize myself. Thanks I will wait for you to get back.
tigercat