Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Beginner

Default Belize Sharks Alley

This will be our first time to Belize and woul like to do the Shark Alley tour. Have read quite a few message of people who have taken the tour but no information or web site are metioned for booking the tour. Any information on Belize tour operators would be appreciated, Thanks.

Lee
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Belize Sharks Alley

Hi Lee,
I'd also be interested in infomation on that too. We have a Belize stop next Feb on Voyager and have a site for the cave tubing:

Still not sure what we should do there?

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 10th, 2003, 03:35 PM
MichelleM

E-mail Reggie. He also does snorkeling tours and if he doesn't do the shark ray alley tour he will be able to suggest a great tour leader. His email is on his website, He will get back to you pretty quickly, usually within 24 hrs.
Old April 11th, 2003, 06:40 AM
Gaborn65

We did shark ray alley last June. We booked through the cruise line. The reason we did this is because if we booked on land, we had to tender into shore then the boat ride to the sight. Just seemed like a lot of wasted time, it also included lunch on Ambergris Caye, and time to look around. The tour operator said they ususally had time to take you into Belize after the tour for some shopping but we chose to add extra time to our snorkeling. Believe me it is worth every penny for this experience. We did Norwegian last year.
Old April 14th, 2003, 09:17 PM
tigercat

Just a question about reg tours. I have read that sometimes you end up not being able to get into port, if you have a tour arranged and the ship can't dock do you still have to pay for the tour?
tigercat
Old April 22nd, 2003, 11:23 PM
Passenger

I just got back from the Legend last week and I did this tour. It was a lot of fun, however make sure you are on the first or second boat, or else you will not see the sharks! The sting rays stick around, however the sharks get scared when a lot of people come, and they will swim away until the boats leave. Also, the island where you have lunch is where Temptation Island is filmed, and Madonna has a beautiful house on the island, however you most likely will not be able to see it because it is about 15 miles from where you dock for lunch. The tour is fun and worth the money. The tour guides were excellent. They provided bottled water, spoke perfect english and were informative. There were 4 per boat. HAVE FUN!!!
Old April 28th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Yeoman

To Gaborn65,
Were you on the Norwegian Sun last June? We were on the June 15th sailing. We did the shark ray alley also and we chose the town lunch in San Pedro on Ambergris Cay. We had a ball and loved the snorkeling and the town. Just curious if you were on the ship when we were and how you enjoyed the cruise in general. Luanne
Old April 30th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Passenger

We wanted to do the ship's tour, but Celebrity does not allow any kids under 12 to go snorkling or cave tubing.

Does anyone know if this is strictly enforced and why?

Thanks.
Old May 1st, 2003, 10:02 PM
Yeoman

We did our excursion on NCL and I don't remember if there was an age restriction. There was a young girl I remember but I think she was over 12. The only thing I can think of is that they wouldn't want anyone under 12 is because for this particular snorkel, you have to be a pretty proficient swimmer. There is a current since you are actually in the middle of the sea by the reef with only a boat to swim to. The waves get pretty wild as they hit the reef. You are in the water 45-60 minutes in a current. I have high blood pressure controlled by medication and they drilled me over and over, do I think I'm capable of this and am I a strong enough swimmer etc. After the questions, I almost doubted myself even though I really wanted to do it. I did do it and had a good time, but it was tiring after that long of swimming in a current. Some children are excellent swimmers so it is a shame that there is an age restriction on some excursions. The good part about this is you stay around the area of the speedboat so you can go back in the boat at any time.

Hope you enjoy what excursions you try.

Luanne

Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Belize Sharks Alley

We were on the June 28th I believe cruise. Over all it was nice. Very good food. My children were not to excited about it. We are going on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan end of May. It they do not enjoy this cruise, I am shooting them and cruising by myself from now on. The only place my kids have really enjoyed was Cancun and Las Vegas. I have enjoyed all my cruises. THe service on NCL was fantastic. My daughter and I got sick the first day and our cabin steward would come by an check on us to see if we needed anything. The excursion personal were fantastic, I would go again on this ship if the same two gentlemen were in the dive program.
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:33 PM
DFritz

We are wanting to try this excursion when we sail on the Carnival Imagination in June. Does anyone know Carnivals price for this excursion? Also, do you pull yourself back onto the speedboat by way of a ladder or what? Life Jackets for non-swimmers? I've heard that it is only 8-10 feet deep and crystal clear water; is this true?
Old May 12th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Passenger

All people in the water must wear an inflatable life vest not matter how good or bad you are at swimming. The water we were in was about 20 feet deep and as clear as your bath water. It was beautiful. I do not know how expensive Carnival was but NCL was 85.00. That was in 2002. You pull yourself up by a latter on the back of the boat. It was quite easy to get up on the boat we were on.
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Cara

I am really interested in doing this excursion...is there a limited number of people who may do it? Should I sign-up for it as soon as I get on the boat? Thanks!
Old May 13th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Passenger

Yes, they only have so many private boats that they charter per ship. We signed up the moment we got on the ship. We did NCL and they do not allow you to book online. We are doing RCI this year and booked all our excursion via the internet. We also booked through the cruiseline because you leave directly from the ship instead of having to tender into shore and do the excursion from shore.
Old May 20th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Yeoman

We booked this on the ship as soon as we found our room and dropped our bags off, we headed to the Excursion/Dive In desk. There were two options on the NCL list. One had lunch on the beach and one had lunch in town. Don't be misled by the town lunch. It is a beach building right off shore and a beautiful ocean breeze with a beach right there too. It's kind of a quaint town with sand streets. You could enjoy the beach and the town all in one.

Luanne