Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Passenger

Default hard rock cafe

Has anyone been to the Hard Rock Cafe in Cozumel? Can you take a taxi to get to it and how long would it take to get there? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: hard rock cafe

Here is a link that will take you to the Hardrock website which has phone numbers, maps, etc. and the Cozumel location:

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/ca...s.aspx?Lc=COZU
Old May 9th, 2003, 11:41 AM
First Mate

Its not too far, only a 10-15 minute cab ride from the Carnival dock
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Yeoman

Just a tidbit, the Cozumel HRC is the smallest in the world!

Luanne

Old May 13th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Passenger

We walked from the Hard Rock back to the pier, window shopping all the way..Like all the HCC-its noisy, overcrowded and overpriced. Guess its my age!! There was nothing I liked about it, and it was on the second floor with no AC on in June, just ceiling fans. It is smaller than the one in Banff(i think that one is out of business) and smaller than the one in Niagara Falls.. But, if you like it, go for it. You will probably have a better time at Carlos and Charlies!!
Old May 20th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Yeoman

We just bought our souvenirs there, but didn't eat there. We collect t-shirts and guitar pins. We ate at Panchos Backyard at an authenic Mexican restaurant. I would recommend this place. It's behind (connected to) a store called Los Cinco Soles. Our cruise port consultant said they have "guacamole to die for " and she was right. We had chips and guac. and then a meal. I think it was cheaper than what the HRC would have been too.

Luanne

Post Edited (05-20-03 23:24)
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's right in town, Dan is correct, only 10-15 minutes. Cab fare a few years ago was $5 per car from the Carnival dock, probably not much more now. It is very small and the food prices weren't as cheap as the other restaurants. When I was there, it was dead.

If you happen to be going to Grand Cayman also, there is one there, much bigger, good food, pricey since C.I. $ is worth more than US $. From the dock, probably $8-10 C.I. to get there.
Old May 20th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Passenger

I only want to get t-shirts from there. I am going to Grand Cayman. Is it far from the pier at GC?
Old May 20th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Yeoman

If I remember correct, it is right across the street and maybe one block at the most from where the pier is where the Norwegian Sun tendered in.

Luanne
Old May 23rd, 2003, 10:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's not too far, but I can't tell you whether you could walk it or not. It's a 2-lane road, and the drivers are kinda crazy, besides driving on the wrong side of the road from what I'm used to, so I'd probably catch a cab. The guys at the pier could tell you for sure the distance.

If there's something special you're looking for, email them in advance and they will hold it for you - the manager, Paul Pearson, held a jacket for my husband for a month til we got there. Good thing I emailed him, it was the last one they had. My husband wanted it from there, since you don't see a lot of Hard Rock Cayman Islands stuff, mostly New York, LA, London, etc...

Have fun, spend some time on the beach, it's BEAUTIFUL!! The sand is so cool (it's like teeny, teeny, tiny shells and bits of shells).
Old June 2nd, 2003, 04:28 PM
First Mate

Stayed in Cozumel 4 days summer before last. We ate at the Hardrock for 2 of those 4 nights/dinner. It is small but the food was excellent!!! It's a short cab ride from the pier as I recall.
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Tim T

Default Re: Re: hard rock cafe

Dear Cantwaitogo:

Hard Rock Cafe in Grand Cayman is less than a 5-minute walk from the tender pier. You can see it off to your right as you leave the pier. Prices are in GC dollars, which are more valuable than US bucks.

Tim