Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Steve Tersh

Default Jeep Safari Cozumel

I will be in Cozumel 6/11, cruising on the Celebrity. I am really interested in doing the Jeep Safari 4x4. Are there several different companies? Do they all take you to the same places? Is there one that stands out? Any and all recommendations would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:28 PM
DFritz

Default Re: Jeep Safari Cozumel

We did the Jungle Jeep Safari when we sailed RCI Enchantment last fall and really loved it. The jeeps were old and dirty and we wish we had worn older t-shirts. We went on a very bumpy ride through Mexico and its jungle, then to a Mayan site for a bit of history and then on to the beach for a mexican buffet and swim. We really enjoyed it and plan to try Chanakaab Park next time.
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:40 PM
mommabee

Default Re: Re: Jeep Safari Cozumel

For about 50.00 you can rent your own car on the island and explore all day!!! You can see the Park and any other place you'd like. We had a BALL!!!!!!!
Old May 29th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

OMG You have to do a jeep tour!!!! It was the best tour in the caribbean. We went on the Survival tour in Cozumel and it was a blast. The leader takes you though the woods and its bumpy and stuff. And you make several stops at various places and they provide drinks. We were going so fast at one point, we hit a bump and our jeep bumped into a tree which dented the bumper and broke the headlight!!! The leaders were totally cool with it, they accually got a good laugh! It was by far the best tour we have been on and I highly suggest it! You can put the top down if you want. After you drive through the woods and stuff, you can go to beach or some other place. Its decided by vote, but we went to a beautiful beach where lunch was served and they had mixed drinks too.

Rob
Old May 29th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Rob, was this the 4X4 Jeep Tour through the RCL excursion in Cozumel? My sister-in-law and I are booked for it in June. Any advice?
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Yeoman

Ours was the Safari Jeep Tour through Carnival in Cozumel. I don't know how much the 2 will differ, but based on my expierence, I highly recommend it! As for advice, GO. You might want to talk to some people who went on the one provided by RCI, because it might differ, but i know its at least worth a try bc ours was awesome.

Rob
Old June 2nd, 2003, 06:51 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the responses guys.....I'm psyched. I wonder if the RCL and Celebrity tour is the same, since Celebrity is owned by RCL. I'll comment upon my return.

Steve
Old June 2nd, 2003, 11:03 PM
DFritz

Ours was through the RCI booked tour. It was great, dirty, interesting, and hot. Wear your oldest shirt because the jeeps are dirty. Walk fast when your tour guide leads you away from the ship or you'll lose them in the marketplace.
Old June 17th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

what was the jeep tour you took called? I have the info from carnival and am trying to figure out which one it is? Also how many people will they take in the jeep? We are a party of 5 and a couple of us would like to drive. This tour sounds like fun!
Old June 24th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Yeoman

Sorry the response took so long, just got back from the Carnival Pride. The jeep tour we went on was the Safari Jeep Tour in Cozumel, provided by Carnival. It is a normal size jeep so i guess 5 cound fit, we had 4 people in ours, but one more could have easily fit.

Rob