Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Passenger

Default Belize-Wildlife Adventure Tour

My wife and I and our three children will be in Belize City with RCCI Voyager of the Seas in Feb, 2004. I was reading about the Wildlife Aventure Tour offered by the ship and am curious if anyone has taken the tour and is it worth the money. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Belize-Wildlife Adventure Tour

What Wildlife? The Baboon Sancturary and Zoo are natural setting habitats for native animals. Nothing compared to a major city zoo by a long shot. Be sure to read everything you can about this tour including Ports forums on other cruise forums. One thing is definite, do plan some type of tour at Belize whether ship or private. There are a lot of private tour operators, too. Reggie Trapp not only offers cabe tubing, but will design a tour of what you would like to see. Check out his web page www.regtour.com.
Bon Voyage
Old May 27th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Bobbi

Default Re: Re: Belize-Wildlife Adventure Tour

I took the Belize zoo tour in April on A Hal cruise and it was very primitive, Really nothing like our zoos here and they did not even have modern bathrooms there. They had two outhouses and a pipe outside of the outhouses with water to wash your hands. If you take any kind of tour in Belize I would recommend that you take bottled water or drinks with you. The people were very friendly but it is still a very undeveloped country. The port area was the cleanest area I saw and the port shopping area was nice.
Hope this helps.
Bobbi