Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Passenger

Default Where to buy digital camera (western ports)

I will be leaving THIS WEEKEND for a cruise to the Western Caribbean (which stops in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

I want to buy a digital camera (Minolta Dimage F100 Digital Camera). I have found this particular camera on the Internet for as low as $300 after tax and shipping.

I only want to buy this camera in the islands on my cruise if I can get it cheaper.

So, which of these three ports will have the best deals. Also, which store in particular should I go to? Please give me a brief idea where this store can be located (so I can easily find it).

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Where to buy digital camera (western ports)

The only advice I can give is to check when you get on the ship and see if they have a port consultant. They usually give good shopping advice. They always told us that things were cheaper in Cozumel than in Grand Cayman, but I don't know if that meant electronics too. This year we went to St. Thomas and they said it was better to buy electronics in St. Thomas, than in a foreign country due to the warranties. It would be better in a US territory. Grand Cayman might be pretty reputable but the price might be higher. The best thing like I said would be to ask the port consultant. They usually have all of the ins and outs of things and they do a lot of checking out these ports.

Luanne

Old May 28th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Where to buy digital camera (western ports)

Correct me if i am wrong, but i think that neither of those ports are "duty-free" ports. No deals on electronics. All i saw in Caymen was touristy stuff - t-shirts and that kind of thing. Cozumel has lots of jewlery stores and you can get some deals on loose gemstones, You might be better off buying your digital camera at home.
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Where to buy digital camera (western ports)

You are better off buying at home online.