Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:10 AM
Spike

Default A lazy day on Aruba

Were taking a Crystal cruise through the Panama Canal in October that will be making Aruba its 1st stop after 4 days at sea. Any suggestions for a nice resort that allows cruisers to use their pool and beach facilities? Im also interested in a good lunch spot.tropical drinks, good times and good food.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: A lazy day on Aruba

I know there's a Carlos 'n Charlie's in Aruba... but that may not be as laid back as you would like.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old June 2nd, 2003, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Go to DePalm Island for the day. It may be offered as an excursion off the ship or you can book it with DePalm Tours on the island (they do have a web site ). Great beach, swimming snorkelling , food drinks,do as much or as little as you like.

Second alternative, get a cab driver to take you out to Palm Beach (or take the bus).
Ask to be dropped at the hotel nearest to Pelican pier. Great beach. On the pier you can get food, drinks, souvenirs and use restrooms.

Third alternative (not fancy) go to Baby Beach. There are minimal facilities for food , drink and restrooms. The beach is formed by a rockwall jetty and becomes a giant salt water swimming pool as the depth never goes beyond 4 feet or so. There is ok snorkelling on the outside of the wall.
Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have been visitors to Aruba 4 times; if you love a beautiful, quiet, wide beach
(that is discreetly topless-optional) then a visit at the Manchebo Beach Resort is
a great place to go! Not only do they have a great beach, they also have a
wonderful restaurant open for lunch and dinner- the French Steakhouse Garden
Terrace (for lunch) and The French Steakhouse, which is indoors, for dinner.
You can check out their website for menu and e-mail information at
www.manchebo.com. I believe you pay a fee of $25 for use of the beach chairs,
restroom facilities and towels. You can e-mail them in advance to make arrangements,
but it's probably not necessary. We have stayed at this resort for week-long
visits and on visits as a port of call in the past and always were welcomed. There is
also a beach bar on the premises. The website will show you pictures of the
beach and the resort and also include the menu of their restaurants and beach bar.

Have a great time in Aruba!

JanGail
Old June 23rd, 2003, 10:57 PM
SF Sharon

I just googled and got the following:

http://www.aruba-vacation-cruises.com/
Old June 24th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Passenger

A great place to hang for the day is La Cabana. They have 4 pools and would never know that you are not a guest at this lavish suite hotel. Located directly across the street from the hotel is Eagle Beach. You can lounge there with use of their free chairs and use their free floatation devices too. They also have a few bar/grill type places by the pool. The swim up bar is the best tho.

If you want to go on an adventure, rent a 4x4 jeep and go explore the Natural Bridge. Aruba is not a beautiful island, it is full of desert. Be careful of the little cactus plants no matter where you go.

I am a huge fan of Aruba and I love to visit it as often as I can. If you would like anymore infor, send me an email.

Tree