Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2003, 10:48 PM
dkbryan

Default Another reason to tour Peat Taylor in Jamaica.

My wife and I toured with Peat Taylor on May 13, 2003 (Explorer of the Seas) and had a great time. As promised, we were the first ones to Dunn's Falls and we enjoyed the out-of-the-way scenery that he showed us around Ochos Rios. He went where WE wanted, as some wanted to eat at Jerk Center while others wanted to eat lunch on the ship. He then gave everyone on his tour the opportunity to do a little shopping.

However, that is not the best part. When my wife and I got back to the ship we realized that we had not returned with our digital camera. After giving it some thought, we realized that we had left it on Peat's bus. By that time, however, we had already left Jamaica and our camera. When we returned to the USA I emailed Peat and asked if the camera had been found. To my surprise, he had found it. He had waited at the dock to see if we would come back out, but we did not realize our loss in time. Not only that, but he sent it back to us free of charge!

Unlike many other tours, Peat never tried to sell us anything or even ask for tips. He was very down to earth and gave us the impression that our enjoyment was his main concern. I highly recommend Peat, not only for a great tour, but for his honesty.

You can reach Peat by going to his website at:

www.geocities.com/peattaylor/island_tour.html

or you can email him at oneiltay@cwjamaica.com

He charges just $30 for the tour which includes the $10 ticket for Dunn's Fall. You'll have a great time!
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2003, 06:09 PM
HOSKI

Default Re: Another reason to tour Peat Taylor in Jamaica.

I love Peat Taylor and his honesty does not surprise me. So many tour operators have signs in their vans asking for tips but Peat never mentioned it so we gave him a bigger one. Anyone who passes his tour up does not know what they are missing.

I hope you sent Peat a tip to cover the cost of mailing the camera home. He is such a wonderful guide.
Old June 7th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Another reason to tour Peat Taylor in Jamaica.

Hi dkbryan,

Thanks for the post! You just sold me with your experince...I didn't even think about paying for a tour or an excursion in Ochos Rios. I just figured we pay for a taxi ride and then the $12pp for the falls plus the tip for the guide, but for the money and experince your tip sounds like a MUCH better deal. Looks like I'll be E-mailing Peat...how far in advance do you reccomend I book him?

Mmketeer.....Navigator/Sept.20/Western C.
Old June 8th, 2003, 09:09 PM
HOSKI

Default Re: Re: Another reason to tour Peat Taylor in Jamaica.

Go ahead and book now to make sure he has room. The safety factor alone is worth the price of the tour plus Peat is great. Wait till he sings to you.
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: Re: Another reason to tour Peat Taylor in Jamaica.

HOSKI,

Well do then, thanks again...... looking forward to some Jamican music Mon. <BG>

Mmketeer