Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Mmketeer

Default Cozmel...close to ship things to do?

Hi gang,

Trying to save some money and not do any excursions per say.....so, I was wondering if their was anything to do close to the ship in Cozmel. Maybe something within walking distance or a short taxi ride? Does these restrictions make it impossiable to see any Mayan ruins?

Thanks for your help!
Mmketeer...Navigator/Sept. 20th/Western.C.
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Cozmel...close to ship things to do?

We were in Cozumel last week. We did our own excursion to Chankanaad Beach. It was a 10.00 taxi ride and 10.00 each to get in. We also went to town to shop from the beach. Another 10.00 ride. You can take a taxi to one of the free beaches. Still probably cost 10.00 to get to town from pier. We were at the Parta Maya Pier. At this pier there are many shops.
Old June 9th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Take a taxi into town (about 6.00) plenty to see and do.
Old June 9th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Admiral

There are ruins on the island but they are not major in scope. No big pyramids , cities or villages. The ruins are of an old religious site and may be a bit disappointing if you are looking for temples etc. They are located on the back side of the island and I would imagine for a family of 4 the best thing to do would be to rent a car, check out the ruins, then go to the beach . There are two places ships dock. One is right in town so you have the shops and bars right there. One is just outside town, the shops at the pier are pretty much as good as the ones in town, or town is a $6 cab ride away.
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Mmketeer

Hi guys,

Thanks so much...that was exactly waht I was looking for. I really wanted to do the ruins, but it doesn't sound like what I was hoping they would be. So, I'll just save those for another trip and save that money. I'll probably just do the taxi ride into town or go to a free beach. At least I know about what a taxi ride will cost to these places.

Thanks again!
Stingray City/Dunn River Falls./ and shopping in Cozmel here I come!
Mmketeer
Old June 9th, 2003, 09:06 PM
HOSKI

Default Re: Re: Cozmel...close to ship things to do?

There are actually two piers that you could dock at depending on what ship you are on. This will vary your taxi cost and also if you dock downtown you will not have to pay for a taxi to the shopping. I suggest Chakanaab park as it has snorkeling, gardens and replica ruins. It is a good way to save money and enjoy the day.

I would wait and do the ruins in another port such as Belize or Costa Maya.
Old June 10th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Reecy2 Send a message via MSN to Reecy2 Send a message via Yahoo to Reecy2

going to chacanob park is a great place to go and is about a 10.00 taxi ride . Its great though you can go snorkeling ,golf,eat,watch sea lion shows,swim with dolphins ,and much more