CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   Which Grand Cayman Tour Service Beside Capt. marv or Bryan?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/250084-grand-cayman-tour-service-beside-capt-marv-bryan.html)

Wellsley June 27th, 2003 08:40 PM

Which Grand Cayman Tour Service Beside Capt. marv or Bryan??

I have been researching Grand Cayman Stingray City tour opearators. I see many great things about both Capt. Marvin and Capt. Bryan, but their price is higher than others. ($35 pp)

Has anyone toured with Soto's, Nativeway, or Stingray City Charters??? I just want to make sure they are legitimate, reliable, professional, have relatively good snorket equipment with sanitation, nice boat, etc....

I would appreciate any detailed insight. I am travelling with 6 adults and two kids(8 and 11)

Thanking you in advance for your comments!

Cruisindarryl@yahoo.com June 28th, 2003 01:16 PM

Re: Which Grand Cayman Tour Service Beside Capt. marv or Bry

And if I may add an addendum to Wellsley's request....

I will be there on a Century cruise in Nov. My group of 8 consists of 2 seniors (Mom has knee problems) and my sister who uses a wheelchair. Is there any tour or private charter that any one knows about?

Thanks for the help!

Cruisin D

nketz June 28th, 2003 10:23 PM

we used Stingray City Charters in April and had a great time.

Were able to book on internet & saved $. Went to 3 sites. The boat was not crowded, there were about 15 of us and plenty of room on front of boat for tanning or top of boat, or inside if didn't want sun. one family came from a RC cruise that had to switch days into GC and didn't sound like it was a problem to switch days with Stingray City Charters. They picked us up across from Capt. Marvins.

Again, it all worked out really well for us and we had a great time.

Larry July 1st, 2003 04:20 PM

Going with Nativeway in August. No money upfront. $25/person. Very professional in communication and recommended on several message boards. Sting Ray City and Coral Gardens.

Isabelle July 2nd, 2003 10:44 AM

What's the URL to book online with Stingray City Charter's?

readytogo July 2nd, 2003 11:39 AM

I'm booked with Nativeways - I was very impressed with their helpfulness on line in answering my questions - not at all impressed with Captain Marvin or Brian in this regard. I'm very pleased with our choice based on what I"ve heard and read.

Cruisin D July 13th, 2003 03:09 PM

Re: Re: Which Grand Cayman Tour Service Beside Capt. marv or

I have just corresponded with Sharon Ebanks (owner) of Native Way www.nativewaywatersports.com. As stated before she is very helpful. They can handle taking my sister who is wheelchair bound to Sting ray city. Mrs. Ebanks was positive with a can-do type attitude. We are chartering the boat for a half-day tour for $400. There are 10 of us going now, so the price will be better than through the cruise line and we won'e be jammed with a lot of other passengers on our tour.

Thanks for the recommendation Larry and readytogo!

=D=

buckeyeinmd July 17th, 2003 05:11 AM

Re: Re: Re: Which Grand Cayman Tour Service Beside Capt. mar

We used Captain Marvins and had no problems. They answered all our e-mails within a day and it was $108 for a family of 4. Everyone has their own preferences but I'd used them again.

Doug

Victory 4/13/03

Davina July 17th, 2003 10:45 AM

I will be using Stingray City Charters end of July. They were the only tour company I found that would allow children at 1/2 price. Also, when I told them I wanted to do the 3 hour but I was worried about making the start time because our ship was arriving later, Stingray City Charters checked with the port authority and told me the correct time that my ship would be arriving. She booked us on the early tour so I can do 3 snorkel spots instead of two. I found them very accommodating.

delgadofam2002 July 23rd, 2003 11:01 AM

I leave this weekend 7/27 and will be using Soto's cruises. They do the 3 stops and it is $19.00pp. I will let you all know how it went when I get back.