Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2003, 01:26 PM
sadaira

Default dolphins cove

what is best way to go to swim with dolphins in ochos rios instead of booking with cruise ship.cruiseship carnival only offers one with a trip to dunns falls which we are not intersted in going? Thank you
Sadaira
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2003, 01:54 AM
Passenger

Default Re: dolphins cove

We did the excursion at Dunn's River Falls with the Swim with the dolphins. It was GREAT! It was the highlight of our trip! Kids were 10 and 12. I didn't know what we were in for, at the falls, but you actually climb a VERY high waterfall. It was exciting and sometimes a bit scary! The dolphin experience was really fun! There was a young honeymoon couple in our group, and you should have seen their smiles!
Old July 1st, 2003, 10:52 AM
sadaira

Default Re: Re: dolphins cove

I have bad ankles .don't think i could do it. thats why i wonder if there anything else up there to do. my husband is interested in doing the climbing. thanks for info
Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: dolphins cove

The only way you can do the Dolphin Cove excursion is to book through the cruise line. Trust me, I tried through the internet, the minute they find you are on a cruise (you have to tell them as part of the questionaire you fill out), they won't let you book. We showed up anyway, and had all kind of hassle. They finally accommodated us after many tears.

I didn't want to do the falls either (sounded like a waste, I had a freshly repaired broken ankle), but it was very beautiful, definitely worth it (I didn't walk them, had to wait at the top), but it is very picturesque.

YOu can only book Dolphin Cove if you book Dunns, at least on Carnival.

Personally, I think the swim was rather pricey for the interaction that each person got (they were in the water with the dolphins, but not really touching them, mostly watching). That was $145 per person. The touch was $79 per person and the people were on a submerged platform and got to be very close to the dolphins and got to touch and "kiss" them for pictures.

Hope this helps.