Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default COZUMEL..Playa del Sol & jeep tours

Has anyone been to Playa del Sol in Cozumel? We hav been to Chankanaab & don't want to go back there again . Also any info on jeep tours..especially for our 19 & 20 yr old sons.
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Ndemmer
Default Re: COZUMEL..Playa del Sol & jeep tours

Hi. My 7 yoa and I were at Playa Sol Beach on June 15th, 2003...and we loved it. Although there were ALOT of people due to the partybarge that came and dropped some off, it never seemed overcrowded. My daughter loved the option of swimming in the ocean or the pool...got her braided, and although it was $45.00 they did an AWESOME job...those braids stayed in there for 3 weeks...there were plenty of umbrellas, mats, floats, pedal boats, kayaks, sailboats (which were all included in the price of our shore excursion) and the beach was beautiful!! The fajitas were good and the service was great! And although there were tons of shops noone was overly pushy about getting you to buy something. I really appreciated that. So definitely do Playa Sol...I think you will love it. We did!! Can't wait until we go back next year.

Nancy - Austin, TX
Old July 10th, 2003, 04:14 PM
shelia

We went to Playa del Sol 2 years ago and it was a great day! I wouldn't advise drinking too much Tequila while in the pool though. Unfortunately my husband got carried away and I had a heck of a time getting him back to the ship with 3 kids. We were there in October of 2001 - it wasn't crowded at all.
Old July 11th, 2003, 10:04 AM
CLCINVA

Just came back from the Carnival Paradise and our last stop was in Cozumel where we did the Eco-Adventure by Jeep. It was GREAT. We couldn't have asked for a better excursion and felt it was well-worth the money. You start with a small tour of the city while everyone gets used to driving (there are 4 people to a Jeep -- the tourguide communicates with you en route from his Jeep via a one-way radio that broadcasts into your Jeep). We travelled about 30-40 miles outside of the city to an ecological reserve where we climbed a lighthouse, swam at the beach, fed the crocodiles and then went on an off-road adventure that was loads of fun....be prepared to bounce around a lot and make sure someone in your group is a good driver (my boyfriend owns an off-road Jeep so we got lucky) and hold on!! You'll have lots of laughs as people get stuck and so forth. Then you stop for snorkeling on the way back to town. Our tour guide was Lorenzo ... he was the best. Anyhow, enjoy your cruise and hope your boys enjoy the Jeep ride -- my bet is that they will LOVE it.
Old July 14th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Beginner

Playa del Sol was so much fun! There are so many activities going on and the beach itself is beautiful! There are hammocks hanging right on the beach for all to use. I loved this beach and would highly reccomend it!
Old July 14th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Passenger

I just returned from the rhapsody of the sea in galveston, July 6-13 and we were going to go to playa del sol but because of the tropical storm we stopped in Miami. I looked for information all last winter about this beach. Glad to know it is fun. SInce we didnt get to go to the ports we were suppose to we are going to have to take the cruise again next year. What a shame!!!!