Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What's the best/worst tours in Nassau (taking kids)

Any advice would be appreciated! I wanted to do Stingray City (had to miss it in Grand Cayman last time), but it sounds like it's too deep to really experience the stingrays.
Blue Lagoon? Outside tours? Carnival tours? Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: What's the best/worst tours in Nassau (taking kids)

Can't wait to hear what you find out. But hopefully people will respond quickly since we leave Friday.
Old July 11th, 2003, 11:23 AM
thoth

Kids should really enjoy the Pirates and Forts tour of Nassau, which stops at two 1700's forts and goes through the Pirates of Nassau Museum. The museum is geared towards the family/child crowd with as much fun as fact. We even had a local pirate in costume meet the group at the ship's pier. Best I remember it was a reasonable price.
Old August 5th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Nancy O.

We just returned from a trip that included Nassau. We took our 3 children ages 12, 15, and 19 to the Atlantis Resort. It was the highlight of our cruise. What a beautiful place. There were 7 beautiful pools, 6 waterslides that looked like Mayan temples, waterways throughout the resort with stingrays and sharks and huge aquariums. There is nothing like it. It's a 5 star resort. In order to go on the waterslides and use the facilities you must either book a room at the Atlantis or across the street at the Comfort Suites. The second choice is of course the cheapest. It was a little over $200 for a room at the Comfort Suites. We just checked in there and then went to the towel shack at the pools at the Atlantis and they asked how many wrist bands we needed for the waterslides and they gave them to us. We needed 5. We could've and should've told the hotel we just had 2 people in the hotel room. One waterslide shot into a glass tube at the end that was submerged under water in a tank of sharks! It was awesome...the kids loved it.
Old August 9th, 2003, 09:40 AM
wprlinmomof3

Default Re: Re: What's the best/worst tours in Nassau (taking kids)

Thanks for the info - I was wondering how you could use the Atlantis facilities. The ship tours explicitly say that use of the facilities on their tours is not included.
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Roxane

Default Re: Re: Re: What's the best/worst tours in Nassau (taking ki

You have to be a guest of the Atlantis Hotel to use the facilities. It is a shame too, cause the water facilities are great. We were able to see them, just not allowed to use.
Old August 11th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Roxane

We did the Stingray City, and yes it is deep, but they have these steps that goe out into the enclosure, and my developmentally delayed son had a ball just sitting on the steps. The director there was great and very patient. He had the stingrays coming right up the steps to my son and even taught him how to feed the rays. They are so tame. I will be going back soon. I also found a site at Blackbeard's Cay that has stingrays, and it seems that this site may be a better place to take small children. http://www.blackbeardscay.com/
You may want to check it out, I know we are.