Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chismrules
Default Cozamel at night

After we go to the beach, snorkle and go around the town a little, what is there to do. Is it safe to walk around at night? We do not drink or party. We also are not big shoppers. We like to walk around and browse if there is a marketplace or little shops. Any ideas, and can you describe the area for me. We are suppose to be in port till 11:00. Is there any neat restaurants with atmosphere, perferably not to expensive.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Cozamel at night

If you are docked at the Puerta Maya Pier, then they have a nice litlle market area at the end of the pier with many shops. They also have Fat Tuesdays for enjoying music and the evening view.
Old July 28th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Admiral

What I usually do is go to Google, then search: city name (i.e. Cozumel),best restaurants, reviews

(sometimes I change the wording a bit.)

Then I read different restaurant review sites, newspaper and magazine articles. When a particular restaurant comes up on two or three different sites, I then read carefully the reviews and make a decision. I have never gotten a bad meal this way. Our cruise to Alaska this summer we did that and had an amazing meal at Matisse Restaurant in Victoria.
Old July 28th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cozumel at night

We love Pancho's Backyard. It is a restaurant in a courtyard of a large store called Los Cinco Soles. The cruise director will probably mention it in his shore excursion talk. When you are walking down the street in the main town in Cozumel with the water on your left and the shops on your right, it'll be several blocks up on your right. Los Cinco Soles also has some very nice stuff.

The food at Pancho's Backyard is outstanding. Watch out for the margaritas, they pack a wallop.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Old July 28th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

You can also gets lot of info from www.cozumelinsider.com