Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Captain

Default November cruise

I have been reading alot of cruise reviews on this and other boards....and am very concerned now that we have booked a Nov cruise. Most of the reviews talk about high waves and very windy conditions.....not good swimming or snorling....DID I PICK A BAD month....HELP. Others have said that November is a really nice month to cruise, BUT from the reviews I have seen for Nov and Dec cruises it doesn't look that way. Please give me your input....we are on a Nov 16th cruise to the West. Carib and I know we will enjoy just cruising.....but would also like SUN and nice water conditions.

Sensation

Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique
Default Re: November cruise

Joie: You will be fine! I've cruised many times in the Caribbean, South America, TransAtlantic in November and had wonderful weather. The beauty of cruising is that the ship can avoid any unpleasant weather, whereas a resort is a sitting duck to anything that comes along. Even if it is not an ideal day, there's lots more to do on any ship than at a resort - even being outside during high winds and rough seas is exciting!

Worst case scenario - cool day, misty, dreary - curl up on a deck chair on the Promenade Deck, get a good book, a cup of cappucino or tea, cover with a cozy blanket and pretend you're waiting for Cary Grant to walk by and ask, "Do you come here often?"

Bon Voyage!

Belgique
Old July 31st, 2003, 07:55 AM
First Mate

We went on a thanksgiving cruise to the the Western Caribbean in 1998, the weather was gorgeous everyday for 7 days! Sunshine and hot. The seas were a bit ruff, we could feel the waves and the ship did roll, but we thought it was kind of cool! If you think you might get sea sick just taked some bonine and you will be fine.

Royal Caribbean - Navigator of the Seas - 9/27/2003
Old July 31st, 2003, 09:58 AM
Admiral

I have cruised Eastern and Western Caribbean in November and am cruising an unusal itinerary Western Caribbean this coming November. So far it has always been smooth sailing.
Old July 31st, 2003, 01:35 PM
Admiral

November is probably the best Fall month to cruise the Caribbean. Sure you could get a shower even a hurricane which stirs up rough seas, but the chances are less than the other low season months except maybe December. We have been on at least 4 cruises in November. We left SanJuan once with a hurricane coming and returned a week later to it still Pouring in Puerto Rico with flooded streets. The cruise was great with maybe a cloud or two all week.
Old July 31st, 2003, 04:29 PM
Kar06

I'll be on the RCI Serenade over Thanksgiving...some people n my group have cruised the last three Thanksgivings and had fabulous weather the whole time.
Old August 1st, 2003, 12:42 PM
Captain

Thanks all........................hope we are a fortunate as you were......
Happy sailing to all...........

Sensation

Old August 3rd, 2003, 06:13 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: November cruise

We have cruised many times in November and have never had a problem.

Pammie