Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Gina Jensen

Default Margaritaville

We are leaving on the Conquest this Sunday. Can anyone give me a elaborate version on Margaritaville. Is it on the beach? and where you can actually swim in the ocean? How much does it cost? What is the best and safest way to get there etc??? How much time should we plan on spending there? Our other choice is the beach club excursion that Carnvial offers. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Gina
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2003, 12:51 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Margaritaville

I am assuming you are going to the Margaritaville in Montego Bay Jamaica if so I can tell you a little bit since I've been there. We took the excursion (I think it was called the Wet and Wild tour), they took us out for a bit of snorkeling and then when we got on board we could do a little shopping with stuff they had on the boat, a foot massage and hair braiding was also available for a small fee and rum punch was free. (I think we paid somewhere around 30 a person but that was last year so my memory is a little foggy on the exact price. There is no charge to get into Magaritaville.) Then it was off to Margaritaville. Now, let me fore warn, they told us they was staying for only 15 minutes and the boat was leaving, so if we wanted to stay longer we would have to take a taxi back to the ship (that's what we did). Ok, there is a restaurant and a shopping room with Margaritaville and Jamaica novelties. There is also a 110 ft water slide. The water slide is completely closed so you go down in the dark and you end up in the ocean. You can then swim out to their water trampolines. There is 2 trampolines and a bar in the middle connecting them and people try to walk or run the bar to get to the other side, the bar is very slippery and most end up falling off and it is very fun to watch others try to make it. There is music (loud music) so you can hear it from the trampolines and there is a Guy at the top of the slide with a mic and he gives out prizes to those that make it across the bar. At least that's what was done when we went. Also dancing and there is a bar of course. There is lockers for rent to put your stuff in while you enjoy the water slide and the ocean. If I was going back to that port I would go to Margaritaville in a heartbeat so go enjoy yourself and I hope I helped with your question.