Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Singbluesilver

Default Absolute best excursions ever

Ok I want to know what are the abosolute best excursions in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. I am thinking of the party boat in Cozumel, the river tubing in Ocho Rios and just wander in Grand Cayman. I am a single 32 year old going with a single male pal. I would like to snorkel but he doesn't want to, and thats ok. We are kind of party people. If not excursions, what things should we see??? Like what are cool things in Grand Cayman????? Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2003, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Absolute best excursions ever

Hi Sing,
I'd still try to talk your friend into going to Sting Ray City, he doesn't have to snorkel, but you can and its still a gas. The best thing to do in Grand Cayman IMHO :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 9th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Ditto: Sting Ray City is amazing!
Old August 12th, 2003, 09:45 PM
Singbluesilver

Default Re: Re: Absolute best excursions ever

Cool thanks.
Old August 13th, 2003, 08:58 AM
Admiral

ditto on Caymen, as for the other islands- the river tubing in Jamacia is a great trip. You really get a chance to see the beautiful island scenery of Jamacia, if you are looking for a "party boat, booze-cruise" then take a trip on the Jolly Roger in Jamacia. In Cozumel how about grabbing a taxi and heading out to Channunkaub National Park, the two of you can swim, relax on the beach, you can snorkel, do a little souvenior shopping, tour their "mini Mayan ruin" or book a dolphin swim- leave enough time to hit either the Hard Rock Cafe or Carlos & Charlies( for a marquerita )before heading back to the ship.
Old August 13th, 2003, 11:20 AM
browezilla

The best thing to do in Cozumel is dive! It is world renown for this. You can take an "intro to diving course" with a dive or 2 for abot $100. Takes about 3-4 hours.
Old August 13th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Singbluesilver

I think we decided to go on the party boat in Cozumel, the river tubing in Ocho Rios, and just wandering in Grand Cayman.....Whoo hoo!!!!
Old August 13th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to BambiRumsey Send a message via MSN to BambiRumsey

If you wander in Grand Cayman, make a right as you come off the tender pier and head down about 2-3 blocks to a place called Paradise Cove. They have snorkeling and swimming there with lots of fish and reefs plus beach chairs and lockers if you need them. There is also a great little bar/restaurant there with great food and cold red stripes. On your way there you will pass a Hard Rock cafe on the oher side of the street if you want to check that out.

For a party time in Cozumel, make sure you spend some time in carlos n charlies or senor frogs.....you guys may have fun renting a jeep for the day or maybe some scooters and tooling around the island. Stopping in beach clubs along the way.
Old August 14th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Singbluesilver

Thanks!!
Old August 14th, 2003, 10:14 PM
sarahmatt

The absolute best excursion in Grand Cayman is Captain Bryans Stingray City tour!! Its on an amazing catamaran so you get the stingrays and the snorkeling in addition to sailing one of the most serene areas of the Caribbean. You can't miss with this one.

You can book them on http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com

Also, you have to see the beach, seven mile beach it extraodinary, its wonderful
Old August 18th, 2003, 08:25 PM
MAGNUM

NO QUESTION ON THIS ONE:

ELI FULLER'S ADVENTURE ANTIGUA IS IN A CLASS BY ITSELF!

EXPERIENCED CRUISERS HAVE RATED THIS-- AS ONE OF THE TOP TWO SHORE EXCURSIONS, IN THE ENTIRE CARRIBEAN!

I EXPERIENCED IT, LAST FEBRUARY; FIND IT HARD TO BELIEVE THAT ANY
ACTIVITY-ANYHWERE COMES CLOSE.

A HIGHLY PERSONALIZED ALL DAY TOUR, BY BOAT, WITH A BONIFIDE LOCAL LEGEND-ELI FULLER.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW THAT HAVE THE OPPORUNITY TO EXPERIENCE IT-NO FURTHER EXPLANATION WILL BE NECESSARY.

IT WAS ONCE A WELL KEPT SECRET, BUT ELI'S ECO TOUR IS NOW ONE OF THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER BOOKINGS.
Old August 20th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Passenger

About Grand Cayman...

My husband and I were there last week as one of our cruise stops and we rented a Jeep from Cico Avis. We LOVED it! We met an Avis representative at a shop near the pier, he drove us to the airport (5 minutes) and within 10 minutes, we were out the door and on our own...with a map from Avis, of course! We stopped at the Turtle Farm, some beaches along the way, and just toured back roads in our Jeep. I'd highly recommend it! Plus, we had fun learning to navigate from the "wrong side" of the road!

BTW, Avis has a deal for ship passengers. I think the Jeep was $79 for the day and everything was included...full insurance, unlimited mileage, Cayman license for one person ($7.50 for each additional person...worth it so we didn't fight over who got to drive!), and no need to fill the tank.

We were in Grand Cayman last year and hired a taxi to take us around. I think that cost about $50-$60 including tip. Within walking distance of the port, there are mostly shops and we really aren't shoppers so we try to get away from that.

Another thought...we found a more secluded spot on Seven Mile Beach. It is a great beach, but there are usually several ships in port which makes the beach too crowded. We found an odd spot on the beach to relax. We found a cemetary (no lie!) on the beach, parked in front of it, and walked through to the beach. Apparently nobody wants to relax too near a cemetary because it was really quiet there! And, if you want to snorkel there while your buddy doesn't, it'd be a good spot. Bizarre tip, but true!

Have a great trip!!
Old August 27th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to prince_charming_68

I am 34 and a buddy and I went the same route last year. We are both single as well, so the party boat is a must, and afterward, you can't miss a trip to Carlo's & Charlie's, it was a blast. The only problem is that it's hard to stand upright in order to hail a cab back to the boat..lol. And I would definitely do the Sting Ray City in GC. I was skeptical whether I would like it or not, but it was pretty awesome. Whatever you choose to do you'll have a blast. FYI: Ask the Mater Dei onboard to sit you with the Single travelers onboard at dinner. We mentioned this and we were sat at a dinner table with 8 single women.....needless to say, we enjoyed ourselves!
Old August 29th, 2003, 06:21 AM
gogetter

Hello,

We did a catamaran in Ocho Rios.....awesome time and a great PARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you hear what i am screaming !
Old August 30th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to debv

When are you sailing and what ship?
Old August 30th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

We did stingray city which is absolutely the best, and snorkeled at Dzul-Ha in cozumel. Ochos Rio we climbed Dunns Falls. Also visited a banana plantation. About the party boat- several family members did this in July and were really dissappointed. Crammed on the boat like sardines and crummy drinks for everyone.