Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Passenger

Default Sting Ray City tour review (G.Cayman)

Since I was on a 3 month dilema as to who t do my Sting Ray City tour with. I decided to let you all know how I choose & how it turned out.
I decided to book the Sting Ray City tour with Soto's Cruises (Not the same as Bob Soto's Dive) They charge $19.00US per person and do 3 stops the Barrier Reef/Coral Reef/ & the Sting Ray City sand bar.
They picked us up in front of Hard Rock Cafe which is next to the pier then they took us to their dock.
On the tour there was 16 people total (7 being my group). The boat was very clean & fairly new.
The reefs are the best reefs we have ever seen. Michiel from VIP Productions was filming everyone and also filming the reefs. We decided to purchase the DVD. Came in the mail a few days ago. Excellent footage!!!! Not only did he film underwater life that we didn't get to see since we did not dive he had everyone that was on the tour in the video also.
Our captain & his mate went out with us in the reefs and helped all of us enjoy our time. At one of the reefs there is a shark that they feed everytime they go out. So everyone got to see him feed & play with the shark (it also came out on the video)
At the sandbar they also get down and catch the stingrays for us to play with. They tought us how to feed them & carry them. They would put them on our backs. They just totally interacted with us. The other tours that were there were so over packed and some of the boats looked so old. I didn't see any of the tour guides interacting with their passengers. In my opinion Soto's is the best. All of us that were on our tour after looking around at the other tours all agreed ours was the best!!!!
Sponsored Links