Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Chowwhitney

Default Captain Marvin and Peat Taylor

Posted on another forum as well, but am looking for feedback on these tour operators. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2003, 04:45 PM
Davina

Default Re: Captain Marvin and Peat Taylor

We did Captain Marvin's. He was the captain on our boat. Very nice people associated with their company. They were the only tour operator I found that told me the truth about what tour times I could make and which ones I would miss.
Old August 11th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Passenger

Peat Taylor was great especially for the price. He took us to the falls and we were one of the first ones there. No lines and no pushy vendors when we were done. The vendors had not yet arrived. When the cruise ship excursion arrived it was very crowded - we were just leaving.

He took us on a nice tour of the area - I think about 2 hours with commentary the whole way. He then took us back to the ship for lunch and then picked us up later right on time. If you wanted to go somewhere else for lunch he would take you there. What ever you wanted just ask.

He then took us shopping dropped us off. He came back 3 times and had no problem doing that. We were not ready to go yet and he said no problem. He then dropped us off at Margartaville. After we were done there, we walked back to teh ship.

Hope that helps. I heard good things about Captain marvin as well. Peat was always on time. We never had to wait at all.
Old August 11th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Browezilla

I have heard nothing but praise for Peat. For Capt Marvin, 95% or so has been positive. I'm using Soto Cruises for $19/person for StingRays and 2 snorkel stops. That's a tough deal to beat, and they have a good track record from the forum posts.
Old August 11th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Browezilla

Just saw this review of Soto Cruises on Grand Cayman that you might be interested in. It's in this destinations section http://cruise-forums.com/forums/read...&i=7715&t=7715
Old August 12th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Davina

Which ever one you do ask the driver on the way back to drop you off at 7 mile beach in front of the Holiday Inn. Free beach with a little bar. Lots of taxis to take you back to the ship. It cost $3 per person to return.
Old August 22nd, 2003, 06:42 PM
gkrebs

Peat Taylor is the absolute best. Lost pair operscription sunglasses in the falls. Paid 25 dollars for someone to find them in the water, When he heard about he got off the bus and went and got my money back. He warns you if you wear any glasese, have a strap on them.
Old August 24th, 2003, 10:30 PM
lizl

Peat is a gem! used him on a cruise then went back to Jamaica for a week for my son's wedding...he gave us FABULOUS tours both times. You will see parts of the island no one else gets to see and get treated in a professional and courteous manner. I would trust him with my life and valuables....he is probably one big reason we love Jamaica. I look forward to seeing him again.....let me know if you need to know how to contact him.
Old October 7th, 2003, 01:34 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Captain Marvin and Peat Taylor

How can I find Peat Taylor? I booked with Tropical Tours but now I'm wondering if I should switch.
Thanks.
Old October 7th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Captain Marvin and Peat Taylor

Old October 8th, 2003, 12:24 PM
wanda

I agree, Peat was EXCELLENT!!!!!!! I wouldn't go with anyone else!