Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Roxane

Default Cruise Auction

Hello everyone!

I am a cruiseaholic. I try and get at least 3 cruises in a year. I generally take one 7 day, and a couple of 3-4 day cruises to the Bahamas for my fix.

I have always booked online at a couple of sites that I feel give me outstanding rates, and I am always looking to save money when ever I can. Well, here I am sitting at my computer doing one of my extensive searches to find a great cruise at a great price, and I stumble on this auction! www.skyauction.com

Has anyone ever booked a cruise with them? I have to have a cabin in the mid-section of the ship, and it doesn't say where the cabin is located. I am wondering if the reason for the cheap auction is because the cabins are a gty. cabin?? Any thoughts on this?

Roxane
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise Auction

I'm not sure about the cabins but Sky Auction has a lot of add ons above the bid price. Be sure it is really a good deal before you bid. Often I've seen just as good of pricing online or with a T.A. when all of the fees and taxes, etc are added.
Old August 18th, 2003, 10:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chismrules
Default Re: Cruise Auction

Hey, I bid on a auction at skyauction for a cruise in Sep. 6., 5 night out of Tampa on the Sensation. As any auction, I think people get caught up in it and keep bidding. Know how much you are willing to pay. I tried for over a month before I got what I wanted. I saw numerous people bid the same as a TA could get them. But I also have seen some alsome deals. It tells you exactly what you are getting and the prices. Normally it is the bottom inside rooms unless you pay more. You can call the company and ask any questions 1-800-929-9929, you will not find this on there site untill after you have been a successfull bidder. You can also get credit for getting others to sign up. Ex. my cruise I got for $723 for 2 includes everything. Plus $25 off that as a credit. The TA's told me $350+- plus gov. and port charges. My friend spent $950+- on a 4 night out of Tampa. Note, it is non-refundable and you can't call your TA to get a free upgrade. Although the cruise does that sometimes anyway. I got my package from the cruise and I am ready to go. More money for me to spend on the cruise. Go for it but read everything first. Look at past auctions to get an idea of what it would go for. People normally waits till the last min. to bid. Good luck. Sorry this was so long, I hope it helps.