Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Porphyro

Default Private Tour Guide Canceled - Help!

My wife and I set sail in 3 days. Today, the private tour guide that we had booked for St. Thomas/St. John's cancelled on us. Now, we had booked a half day tour with this guy because we wanted as private a tour as possible. He at first told us that he would have to book 2 other people for the half day and told us it would be easy to do so. He later changed that and told us not to worry about it - he would take us out either way.

This morning we get an email telling us that since he couldn't find two other people, and because he received an offer from six people for a full day, he was cancelling.

I need another tour guide for St John's/St Thomas. Any suggestions?

I posted this over on the Carnival board too, and I realize this is probably against ettiquete - but I'm desperate.
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Private Tour Guide Canceled - Help!

What I have done in the past is this:

Go to Google, and do a search like:

city name, country name, private tours, guides

Then I get a long listing of possible tour companies and then I start calling. Often they will have 1 800 phone numbers which keeps the telephone expense down.

Also we have found that it is usually quite easy to find a cab driver that speaks some or good English. You can just bargain right at the destination's pier or dock for a price for a half or full day tour.

I wouldn't worry. You will find a way to make it work.
Old August 28th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Porphyro

Default Re: Re: Private Tour Guide Canceled - Help!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the tour guide made it right. Thanks
Old September 3rd, 2003, 03:29 PM
gretchen

Default Re: Private Tour Guide Canceled - Help!

Who was the tour operator I just booked a day sail and am wondering abou the same thing happening to us.