Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2003, 05:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chismrules
Default hotel in tampa

Does anybody know or have stayed at a hotel in Tampa that was close to the port that would let you leave your car and/or take you to the port like a shuttle. What area would is it called closest to the port if I am looking up hotels? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2003, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: hotel in tampa

We'll be cruising out of Tampa 11-22. We were able to get a room at the Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore. The rate using our Entertainment card was $89 and the reviewers give it four and five star ratings. They will transport you to the pier with prior notice and they also have an airport shuttle. You might want to call them and ask about the car parking because I don't know that part of your equation. Their phone number is 813
877-6688.

If you want free transportation service to the pier you must call the bell stand to make the arrangements.
Old September 6th, 2003, 08:11 PM
CC

Any hotel near the airport or “Westshore Business Distrct” is within 10 minutes of downtown (location of most of the cruise ship termninals). The best hotel in town is the Marriot Waterside and the Wyndham Harbor Island. Unfortunately, both of these properties are located downtown and charge for parking.
Old September 8th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: hotel in tampa

Actually I just changed my reservation to Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. The priceline four star rate was $63. That's probably the best we can do I.M.H.O.
Old September 12th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Kaley

Dh and I are sailing out of Tampa on 11/23. We called the Hilton, but they were going to charge for parking. Same rate as at the peir. We booked a room at the Doubletree Westshore for $89. Parking was free in a covered lot during our cruise. They don't normally run a shuttle to the peir, but said as long as they were not busy they would be happy to do it. If not the cab ride would be about $15 or less. Many people I have spoken with have said this is the best deal they have found and that they did not have any problem getting the shuttle.
Old September 14th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: hotel in tampa

Hi. I too am sailing out of Tampa and made a reservation through AAA at the Hilton Westshore. After reading your board I called them and confirmed that the parking is free during the cruise (I think it is up to two weeks, but I am only going 12 days) and they have a free shuttle to and fro the port. I talked to someone last night about this to reconfirm. Deb