Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2003, 01:38 PM
Beginner

Default Taxi for the day in Playa del Carmen

My friend and I will be sailing on the Celebration on 9/13 and are wondering how we can go about negotiating a taxi driver for the day in Playa del Carmen/Calica. We want to go do Tulum on our own in the morning, and then drive around and stop at a few different beaches on the way back (Akumal area, I believe). I realize we could probably rent a car for less, but quite frankly, I have a feeling we might be hungover after a 14 hour day in Cozumel the day before, and really don't want to have to be responsible for driving all day. I can just see us having mechanical problems or getting lost and missing the ship, and am willing to pay to avoid the headache of it.

Has anyone ever done this, and what would you think would be a reasonable fee for this service? I was thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 for both of us for the day.

Any info is appreciated!

Shinda
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Taxi for the day in Playa del Carmen

Sometimes, things just go BUMP in the night.....................................