Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Duane

Default Belize Cave Tubing

My wife and I plan to do the Cave Tubing in Belize from the Inspiration on 10/10.

RegTours is well publicized via posts and sounds like a much better way to go then Carnival's shore excursions. He also replies very promptly to emails and inquiries. His cost: $65

Also looking into X-Stream via belizeexcursions.com. They claim to offer a 2nd cave to tube through and more dry cave explorations, which they claim to exclusively offer. Their price: $60. Anyone have experience with X-Stream or know if you see and do more than with other tours?

Thanks.

Duane
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2003, 06:16 PM
ken brown

Default Re: Belize Cave Tubing

hey i have booked with x- stream save some bucks. my wife and self will also be on the same ship as you. same date x-stream has smaller groups.. the co is really out of grand cayman. so if you book with x-stream please let me know we will be in same group. i have have paid a $12.00 per person deposit . i think this saves $20.00 per (per ship price) person thats $40.00 and thats alot lot . note i have also booked jeep with same co for cayman, (major co avis) thur them. look forward to a lot of fun later
be blessed ken broen
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:26 AM
ken brown

Default Re: Re: Belize Cave Tubing

i will be on same ship deffent date i was wrong..
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Duane

Default Re: Re: Re: Belize Cave Tubing

Thanks for your post. I think we will go ahead and book with X-Stream. Enjoy your cruise. Take care.

Duane
Old September 29th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Tamara Cooper

Duane we did the X-Stream tubing two weeks ago and it was fabulous to say the least.

I don't know which group was Reggies but I know we were the ONLY group that were in the first cave we did. We saw where everyone else got into the river and we walked about 10 more minutes(easy walk) and then got into the first cave. The first cave was incredible, as I said, only our group of 6 people and our guide Richard. It was at least at 30 minutes in the first cave and its something to see.

We then came back out into the light and that is were everyone else was getting into the river and then we joined all the other groups and it was a little crazy!! People laughing, screaming and HUGE groups, you should see them all trying to get into the water. Going with the ship must be a nightmare. We saw lines of hundreds of people getting off the bus and picking up gear.. we grabbed ours and were off way ahead of them.

By the way, watch for wildlife on your way up there, we saw a Cootamundi(SP?) looks like a cross between a Raccoon and an anteater.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 09:39 PM
jarrett

Thanks for the info, we've got a group of 8 people so its definitely worth the savings and I like the idea that they pick you up right in the port, I don't feel safe wandering around Belize City to find an operator.