Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cayman Islands Help!!!!

My friend and I are probably the only people on the Inspiration who are not going to Stingray City,So.....Can anyone recommend any pristine beaches with crystal clear water and white sand where we can just go soak up the sun and relax? We are looking for that special place to go on Seven Mile Beach. Is there a hotel we can call that might let us use their facilities, that wouldn't be to crowded. We will be in port on December 9th. Thanks so much!

Rosemary
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cayman Islands Help!!!!

7 Mile Beach Break:
Duration: At your leisure
Price per person: $19.50

The most beautiful beach that Grand Cayman has to offer can be yours for a day. Magnificent 7Mile Beach is where the Beach Club Colony Hotel is located and is perfect place to spend your whole day or even just part of it. After making you own way to the Beach Club Colony Hotel ($3.00 p/p each way) at your leisure,one of the world's most beautiful beaches will be yours to enjoy. Admission to the facilities as well as use of their changing room, fresh water showers, lounge chair and one complimentary beverage are all included. A full service cash bar and restaurant are also available at an additional cost.
This is the excursion that the Inspiration offers. It came straight from their list of excusions. Hope it helps.

Fascination 97
Jubilee 99
Inspiration 2003
Pride 2007
Triumph 2008
Old September 28th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Browezilla

Rum Point is supposed to be "prime". Haven't been there though.
Old September 28th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Jen & Jean

I was there in March - I hailed a taxi and asked him to take us to the seven-mile beach. He took us to a public access walk where we didn't have to pay a dime to get in. We actually were right next to a huge crowded hotel. We didn't have a bathroom to use (although we probably could have just walked down to use it) but we also had the beach practically to ourselves. There were hundreds of pp at the hotel an eighth of a mile away. I personally prefer the quiet. Good luck. I would imagine any of the drivers will help you... they want a big tip and if you don't have to pay to get on the beach you have extra money for tipping!
Old September 30th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Admiral

I would not pay entry to get into the often cruise ship passenger crowded Colony beach club. It was a rip off IMHO. We plan to take a taxi to the Holiday Inn whihc may be a great destination. Just ask your taxi driver. We too are heading back to GC in a few weeks and will be doing the same thing. As mentioned, if there is a convention, then the beachside properties may be crowded. Watch the undertow on GC.

Bon Voyage
Old October 4th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Cayman Islands Help!!!!

Rum Point is beautiful, but a bit of a drive. I also enjoyed Cemetary Beach, if you don't mind port-a-poties. Pack a lunch, as there are no restaurants around. Good snorkelling too, just a few feet from shore.
Old October 6th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Comfort Suites has beach access, and you could probably use their pool, they didn't check if you were a guest. There was a great little bar/grill right by the pool, the conch chowder was excellent! There is a short path to the beach. You can kind of bargain on taxi fares, be prepared they are a little high, their money is worth more than the US $.