Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2003, 04:09 PM
Mmketeer

Default Capt. Marvin and Brian excursion Q.?

Hi gang,

I have booked a stingray city tour through RCCL, but I am seriously re-thinking booking through the cruisesline. Too many people for my taste. I only booked with them originally beacuse I was suppose to sail in September and was worried about booking anything that the cruiseline didn't have control over (incase of bad weather, hurricanes etc). I am now sailing in November 30th (so not worried anymore about hurricanes etc). and would much rather book an excursion on my own as I usually do when I cruise.

So, can anyone provide me with the web address for both captian's websites?

Personal opinions anyone?:
I am looking for a smaller tour group (no quams about what kind of boat or the ammenties onboard) and would like to find one that is reputable and possiably within walking distance to their boat dock from RCCL.

Thanks,
Mmketeer....Mariner/Nov.30th
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2003, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Capt. Marvin and Brian excursion Q.?

Hey,
We just returned from our first cruise, Navigator of the Seas... ahhhhhhhhhh. Anyway, Grand Cayman was absolutely incredible, mainly because of our excursion. We did the Sting Ray - Snorkeling tour on a catamaran (ended up being about 4 hours). Our group had 8 people, and I did NOT want it to end. The stingrays were soooooo much fun, and the snorkeling was beautiful (first time for that, too!). I loved the small group. We were strangers, but ended up having a blast together. When I saw the other boats with huge crowds of people, I knew we had picked the right excursion.
Here is the link for the excursion we booked. We did the catamaran excursion, on the Snorkeler's Dream, with Capt. Crosby. Good luck!
Lynn
http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Excursions.htm
Old October 6th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

captainmarvins.com, they had good prices and were very accommodating and friendly.
Old October 7th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Mmketeer

Default Re: Re: Capt. Marvin and Brian excursion Q.?

Thanks Packerfan and Workingmom....
Old October 7th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Admiral

I also here nativeways is a good one too to book the stingrays thru.
We are using them in March for our cruise to GC.

http://nativewaywatersports.com/
Old October 8th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Jen & Jean

Default Re: Re: Capt. Marvin and Brian excursion Q.?

captain dexter is fantasea.com - almost a private tour , max of 18pp. We're considering him for November 4th....but his cancel policy is 48 hours prior. I'd be really bummed if the weather turns and we lost our money. But he is really highly recommended, supposedly it's like sailing with a friend.
Old October 8th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Jen & Jean

www.dexters-fantaseatours.com I goofed on the site above. Also, book through the internet and save 20% on his reasonable fares

Capt. Bryans: http://www.grandcaymanexcursions.com...Snorkeling.htm