Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Ruthie

Default Playa Sol Beach Club Cozumel

Has anyone gone here? Also can you just go on your own by taxi and pay admission when you get to the Beach Club? My hubby and I like to take one day at a time on the cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Playa Sol Beach Club Cozumel

I was there a few years back. Yes you take your own taxi period, and you can pay your own admission rather than thru the ship. This "resort" has everything you would need. We enjoyed our stay here.
Old October 10th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Passenger

Do you think non-swimmers will enjoy it? I don't swim and I was just wondering would it be worth it for me to go?
Old October 10th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Playa del Sol is one of the ship tour destinations. Taxi fare is about $14 and of course you pay the entry fee. We are going to Coz once again in 2 weeks. I am looking at Mr. Sancho's beach club or Nachi Cocom. Neither has an entry fee but offers food, drink, clean facilities and water sports equipment rentals. Mr. Sancho's also has a giant jacuzzi. Check out www.mrsanchos.com for information. Also, there is a web site I recently found that will tell you which cruise ships are there on which day of the week. Our Conquest cruise will be there on a Friday. There will be 5 mega ships in port. That is well over 10,000 people in port at once! I don't know the exact name of the web site, but it starts with Cozumel.
Bon Voyage
Old October 10th, 2003, 05:30 PM
rburns

Went ther in July. Yes you can just go on your own. Just grab a taxi. We bought the ship tour for $29 and paid our own way there. We really liked it. Our's included drinks and water toys and beach and pool. Food was extra. The only thing we didn't care for was the sand was so deep to walk through. After several trips from our umbrellas and chairs to the water we were tired and opted to use the lounge chairs at the pool. Pool also had a swim up bar! Water is fine for a non-swimmer. Also lots of little shops to browse through when you get there. They have different types of admissions depending on what you are interested in.
Old October 14th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Passenger

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches/

This site tells you what amenities the beaches have and the cost if there is an admission......also look on this site for approx. taxi fare to your chosen destination
Old October 16th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Nanatravel -

Can you send me the website which tells you which ships will be in each port?

Thank you!!
Old October 16th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Admiral

It is on the one listed above. Just don't put in the word beaches. Click on Activities, then Cruise Ship Arrivals. Day to day schedules do change as I noted this week vs. last week has one different ship in port. It is now 90 degrees in Coz. It's about 50 degreess and breezy here but sunny.
Bon voyage