Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Passenger

Default St. Maarten

My husband are planning to visit Orient or Dawn Beach in November. Which is the best? Are their food, drink and restroom facilities available at both beaches? Do you have to rent chairs at these locations? If so, what is the approximate cost? Also, what is the approximate cost of a taxi to and from? Thanks!

Teresa
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Kar06

Default Re: St. Maarten

I plan on going to Dawn beach in November as well...Orient looks nice too, but Dawn looks prettier to me...

I know this doesn't help you any, lol
Old October 12th, 2003, 07:15 PM
liwarren

I have stayed in St. Maarten numerous times for about 11 days each. I love orient beach. It is quite beautiful. There are numerous activities to do there, many restaurants on the beach, para sailing, ocean trampoline, etc. Yes, there are nudist at one end but some of them do walk up and down the beach. It is hard to decide when you haven't been there, I know. I have not gone to Dawn Beach, however, have friends that are going to be in sxm when we are on our cruise. They are going to check out Dawn beach for us as a possible place to take my 17 year old daughter. My daughter is not into topless or nudist, and I don't want to subject her to that on orient. I am not certain, but I think Dawn Beach may be rocky. I also would be suprised if they have all the restaurants, facilities that orient has. Be sure and let me know when you get back if you like Dawn Beach. St. Maarten is AWESOME!
Old October 13th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: St. Maarten

Have you seen pics of Dawn Beach if so could you direct me as where I would be able to see them, we also are considering this beach in November
Thank you
Marjorie
Old October 14th, 2003, 04:11 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: St. Maarten

We found the following website to have usual information for our upcoming cruise in November.

www.sxm-info.com
Old October 14th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Thanks for that link Will. Those are 2 good pictures of Dawn Beach. We too have stayed at St. Martin, actually right on Dawn Beach before it was recked years ago by a hurricane. Although the resort was totalled, the beach actually was revived. It became bigger and opened up more shore front. There was only one beach bar with facilities that I saw about a year ago. They rented lounges and umbrella's for about $5 each. A van taxi was about $15RT for 2 people. It is a beautiful beach with surf. No rocks to speak of at all. Oyster Bay is the closest resort I believe at this time, but condo's were being constructed. That could take years! If one is mature and open minded and I had to choose for only one beach stop, I would pick Orient Bay. It is vast, white sand with numerous beach clubs, cabana's to rent, facilities (although I don't know how clean they are) and refreshments are available and the most beautiful azure blue sea and landscape. We did the ship's tour which included the lunch, cabana and a drink.
Bon Voyage