Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Alex

Default Belize - Goff's Caye/Caye Caulker

We will be going to Belize in December with our 3 children (ages6,7,9). Thinking of taking an excursion to Goff's Caye. It looks beautiful! Caye Caulker seems like it has more to do. We can't decide which one to go to. Any thoughts on either would be greatly appreciated!
Alex
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:08 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Belize - Goff's Caye/Caye Caulker

We've only been to Goff's Caye. The tender dropped some passengers off on the island, while the rest of us went to snorkel off the boat in the ocean. It was a beautiful snorkeling adventure, but I think I would have been disappointed with the excursion if I had gotten off at the island. The island simply isn't much, very little shade, very small island. Just my thoughts!

You can see our pictures from this excursion at this link -- look at the pictures for the Exotic Western itinerary. (There are pictures there from all three of our Paradise cruises!)

http://community.webshots.com/user/judyjbest

Maybe someone else can advise you on Caye Caulker!

Happy cruising!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old October 30th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Alex

Hi Judy!
Was Goff's Caye crowded when you were there? The tour I am considering only allows 30 people, but I know other operators take people there and it is a tiny island. Also, I read recently that the reef is dying and that there are not very many fish. Is this true? How about the food? Is there any? The tour we are condsidering through BelizeCruiseExcursons has one snorkel stop and then 2hr.s on Goff's Caye. This sounds like the right amount of time on each with my 3 children (ages6,7,9). The Caye Caulker/shark ray alley tour through CoralBreezeLimited allows for 1 1/2 hrs. snorkeling and 2 hrs. on Caye Caulker. This tour sounds better for my husband and I but 1 1/2 hrs. of snorkeling my be too much time for the children.
Any thoughts would be great! Thanks!
Alex
Old October 30th, 2003, 10:52 AM
First Mate

Nope, not crowded, and there were about four tenders of people there, so maybe a 100, but still didn't seem crowded. The island is small though, with very little shade. There was some food in an outdoor hut. They were only accepting cash, and the only cash we carry on excursions is for tips, so we didn't really check out what they were offering. I agree with your accessment of the time, though. For adults, an hour and a half of snorkeling passes quickly, but children will probably tire before that's done.

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:27 AM
Yeoman

Alex,
If you want information on Caye Caulker go to www.gocayecaulker.com. This will tell you what they have there. We went to San Pedro on Ambergris Caye and thought it was neat.

Luanne