Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Teri K

Default any suggestions for Grand Cayman senior Excursuion

I am looking for an excursion in Grand Cayman for a senior 65+ "not a swimmer". Can anyone recommend one of the glass bottom excursions or is there anything else that anyone would highly recommend.
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:14 AM
browezilla

Default Re: any suggestions for Grand Cayman senior Excursuion

They could still snorkel even if they don't swim if they wore a vest. Going to sting ray city sandbar is a must. The water there is about 4 feet deep (chest level). See my append on this forum for Soto Cruises.

Other possibilities. St. James Pedro Castle (something like that). Elizabethean Gardens, Turtle Farm, tour of the West side of the island. St. James Pedro would be my choice, but I would really encourage them to consider Sting Ray city.
Old October 28th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Joseph Quinn

Yes go to Hell. No pun intended as the area named hell is a very interesting place to visit on this Island. Also they have a ship of which the seats are 4 or 5 feet below the water and this exc is very beautiful with fish being fed while you view through the window and a large ship wreck to view through the window also. I am 69 and neither of these shore trips were too much for me.

Joe Quinn
joequinn50@hotmail.com
Old October 30th, 2003, 09:08 AM
ready to go

Stingray city is fine for seniors and non-swimmers. It is shallow water to wade in, and it is an awesome experience. My non-swimming friend loved it!! It's not physically challenging at all. You should seriously think about it - it's an amazing experience.
Old October 30th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Admiral

i agree that StingRay City Sandbar is a must-do. You don't need to be a swimmer to experience. You wade in water that's about waist high (i'm 5'5" tall) and these beautiful creature swim all around you. You may feed them if you like. I had a large male swim thru my legs it felt like a flutter a little tickle. You can do a combo tour that takes to the Sandbar and the turtlefarm.