Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2003, 07:47 AM
LMB

Default Cozumel - Chankannab or Mr. Sanchos

Hi,
We're going to Cozumel (myself, my two 12 yr olds and my parents).
Would you suggest Chankannab Park or Mr. Sanchos for the day. We want to snorkel, swim, beaches, food, etc... What are the differences between the two places? If you have been to either place, can you please post your comments? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,LMB
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Bomby

Default Re: Cozumel - Chankannab or Mr. Sanchos

I am trying to decide between the 2 beaches too! What I know from reading these boards is that Chankanaab costs $10 per person to get in while Mr. Sanchos is free. I think Mr. Sanchos is a little further from the port as well. If I can't decide I might try to hit both!
Old November 5th, 2003, 10:22 PM
StacL

I've not been to Mr. Sanchos, but Chankanaab is beautiful. It has easy access to the water via some stairs w/hand rails and good numbers of fish. There were plenty of trees for shade and fiberglass lounge chairs for everyone. There was a small, outdoor resturant with the basics and people who served beverages on the beach. One thing about the entry fee is that it keeps the droves of people away. Super relaxing and worth the park fee and $10.00 taxi ride. There was also a small "nature walk" with some look alike artifacts, birds and lizards of all sizes too. Our kids enjoyed it, but we were there in July, so they were ready for the water when we finished the walk! We're ready to go back in April.

Have a great time!

Jubilee '87
Destiny '02
Celebration '03
Rhapsody OS '04
Crown Princess '05
Old November 7th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Chankannab would be best for the snorkelers with kids. Mr. Sancho's beach club is free (just a $14 taxi ride away). There is bar & restuarant service right on the beach, a large jacuzzi that fits about 30 people, a double trampoline in the water for the young and young at heart, rental available of watercraft, rest room facilities and souvenir vendor stands where bargaining is recommended. It really is your choice of what you like to do. We loved walking a(10/31) along the white sand beach in each direction and swimming in the not very crowded surf.
Bon Voyage