Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 2/1/04 Puerto Limon-Canopy Zip Line Tour, Who's up for a bla

Hi everyone, if you're in Puerto Limon on 2/1/04 and you're looking to do something exciting, join me on a "Crazy Monkey Canopy Ride" zipping from tree to tree thru the jungle (15 zips). Should be about $60 total for each of us, if we can get a group of at least 4 people. Zip lines are in the middle of a wildlife refuge, and you have the option of having lunch there and taking a nature walk as well. Tour should last 5 to 7 hours. It's 90 min. each way from the pier, zip lines are 2 hours, lunch and nature walk would be an hour each. We can book the tour at the pier, but need to do so as early as possible on 2/1/04 (I disembark at 7am from the Splendour). The first group(s) zipping thru the trees see the wildlife. Let me know if you're interested. I just went on a different Canopy Tour on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica and loved it, can't wait to do it again. See you soon!!

Tom
tomdcruise@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2003, 06:41 AM
LauraR

Default Re: 2/1/04 Puerto Limon-Canopy Zip Line Tour, Who's up for a

Tom- we'll be there in December and are trying to find some way to book this in advance. Do you have a contact?

My husband and I have done canopy tours twice before while in Costa Rica and are really anxious to do it again, also!

Thanks!
Old November 20th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Laura, sorry I never use that email which is why I always try to put my email when I post a message. You can try Mambo Tour Agency, mambotur@hotmail.com, but they haven't returned my email yet. The actual resort is http://www.almondsandcorals.com, which offers transportation, but it's $120 round-trip from the pier, plus $40 for the actual canopy tour, plus lunch $13, plus a 1 hr. nature walk $20. The last two are optional. If you can get a group of 4 to 8, you can get Mambo to give you a price of around $60 per person for r/t transportation, the canopy tour, and lunch. Have fun!

Tom
tomdcruise@yahoo.com
Old November 20th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry Laura, forgot one tour operator. Greenway Tours-“Monkey
Crazy Canopy Ride” to Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge
$95,7hrs,1.5hr ea. way,lunch;Mario Leon: greenway@racsa.co.cr
http://costarica-ecotourism.com

Tom
tomdcruise@yahoo.com
Old November 21st, 2003, 06:07 AM
LauraR

Thanks for the info, Tom. I have also not heard back from Mambo Tours- emailed them about 3 weeks ago. I guess we'll just have to wait until we get off the ship.

I haven't had much success finding another tour operator though, so I will check into Greenway Tours, even though I'd much prefer to pay the $60 Mambo price. We are already a group of 4, luckily.
Old January 8th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Alberto Leon

Hi Tom:

I´m Mario, the owner of Greenway nature tours.

Thank you for your recommendation about our tours options.

Now we have a new and better web site for cruise passanger at http://www.cruceros.co.cr

Please tell Laura that she can contact me and we can set a better rate for her party. Just just want to explain you and her that Mambo is not an officlal travel agency and they for sure don´t have a licence and insurance. Greenway Nature Tours is a cerfified travel agency by the Costa rican Tourism Board.

Regards,

Mario Leon.