Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Becca12338
Default Cozumel, Progresso, Costa Maya

I will be going to these ports on my cruise and need some ideas for shore excersions, and places where I can book them. I want to swim with the dolphins and snorkle at my ports, I don't have a prefrence on anything else. I'm open to any ideas. Please give me some suggestions. THANX!! I posted this on a few other boards, so sorry if your reading it alot!!

CARNIVAL CONQUEST!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cozumel, Progresso, Costa Maya

Becca generally you should not be duplicating your post however...

Costa Maya do the ruins
Coz go to Chankanab Park and swim with dolphins there
Progresso (never been there but planning a trip there next summer) there are also ruins here, if possible go to Chichen Itza

Happy sailing!
Old November 26th, 2003, 05:21 PM
hcat

There's a nice snorkel trip at Costa Maya with ship's excusions (Royal Carib). You go on an AC bus with Eng speaking guides, get to see the country side & visist a beautiful reef. They break you into experience levels--& you return in time to shop at the Costa Maya complex...all equip is included plus a free soda....
Old February 21st, 2004, 08:50 PM
sue seavers

Default Re: Re: Cozumel, Progresso, Costa Maya

WE WILL BE IN COSTA MAYA IN APRIL. THE SNORKELING TRIP WAS IT THE BEACH SNORKEL OR WAS IT BY BOAT ? DID YOU SEE A LOT OF SEALIFE? THERE ARE TWO SNORKEL TRIPS ON RCL JUST WANDERING WHICH ONE.
Old February 21st, 2004, 10:00 PM
Passenger

Need to go to Chakanaub Park. Just catch a cab there. Not an excursion on the ship. Save your money. I've been there a few times and its so beautiful and lots of fish to snorkel with. You'll also see statues under water. SOmetimes the fish are so thick you have to push them out of your face. We have always seen more fish there, then the people that have paid for the excursions and haven't seen any. You can swim with dolphins there , for a fee but sure its worth it. You'll see the iguanas running around.
You won't be sorry to go there. They also have these helmets you can where, like the old scuba suits with an air hose and walk on bottom of the ocean.