Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Passenger

Default Gay couple

My partner and I (we are a gay male couple) are considering taking a Caribbean cruise this winter. Are there particular lines that would be better for us (where we would feel less uncomfortable, etc) Thanks for any advice you may have.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2003, 09:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Gay couple

Have never seen any anti-gay bias on any of our Carnival cruises. Happy cruising!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old December 6th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Manny: I agree with Judy - I've been on 25+ cruises on 8 or 10 cruise lines and have never encountered any anti-gay behavior. I'm not gay but have traveled with many people who are, in fact met my last two travel companions on a Volendam cruise in 1999 and have met up with them 3 times since then. They don't seem to feel uncomfortable in any situations.

You might try the Gay/Lesbian section on this board - there seems to be answers to almost every question and some very articulate and interesting people who I'm sure would be happy to help you make a cruise choice.

Bon Voyage!
Old December 6th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Admiral

I agree with the others! We have met numerous gay couples and there was never any negative connotations etc. Pick the ship that best suits your needs and don't worry.
Old December 6th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to AnthonyJack

My partner and I have been on three Celebrity cruises. We had a great time and met wonderful people on all three (gay and straight). Our last cruise to the caribbean was With Pied Piper. We really enjoyed having the added pleasure of being with a group of gay and lesbian passengers. We do not think we would want a fully chartered gay cruise . We are on the Princess Golden on Dec. 27 with Pied Piper.
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Terry Willson

We had several gay couples on our Mexican Riviera cruise on Carnival Elation last February. Everyone seemed to be having fun. Careful if you stop in Jamaica - we have witnessed a lot of homophobia there.