Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Default Belize Zoo/Altun Ha mayan ruins

I just got off the Paradise & did a combo tour to Belize Zoo & Altun Ha mayan ruins. I booked on my own with cbelize. We had an EXCELLENT tour guide Joe. He also gave us a city tour before our actual tour started. He knows alot about Belize, the culture, etc. We bombarded Joe with questions & he gave a detailed answer to all of them. He would stop along the way to show us a specific tree, iguana, houses that were sinking in to the swamp because of poor foundation.

Altun Ha was just awesome. Not that far from Belize City. Joe gave the entire story of Altun Ha & had pictures as visual aids.

Belize Zoo was incredible. You get right up close to the animals. It is more toward Belmopan & is somewhat of a drive.

Joe had an extremely clean 9 passenger van with working air conditioning. We pd $50/pp for this tour & the kids were cheaper. I think their prices have gone up a bit but they are very worth it. They met us at the dock w/our name on a sign. There were only 7 people total. We laughed as we walked by a group of about 40 - 50 from our ship that were having to wait for everyone at Altun Ha. They were also all packed in a very old school bus that Joe said Belize purchases at auctions from the US. This is an all day tour & Joe had us back an hr before the last tender.

I strongly recommend cbelize. They have many options of different types of tours.
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2003, 12:17 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Belize Zoo/Altun Ha mayan ruins

Hey, we had Joe too back in Sept. for the city tour and Altun Ha. He was great!!