Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Beginner

Default Beaches in Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan

We are cruising to Grand Cayman, Belize City, and Roatan. I am traveling with my 2 children, ages 15 & 7. We would like to spend the day at a nice beach, with snorkeling.
Does anyone have any suggestions of where to go? Also, in Grand Cayman our ship is in port from 9:00 AM to 3:00, are there any tours to Stingray Sandbar that would accomodate that schedule? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2003, 12:39 PM
texkan

Default Re: Beaches in Grand Cayman, Belize and Roatan

You might look at this site: www.nativewaywatersports.com and www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com. There are several companies that book tours for stingrays. I am going to Grand Cayman in Jan 2004 and have booked with nativeway. Also have been told that Seven Mile Beach is very nice. This will be my first visit to Grand Cayman.
Old December 18th, 2003, 01:16 PM
First Mate

In Grand Cayman, I highly recommend Nativeways for Stingray City. Send them an email and Sharon will let you know if you have time (should be ok for the first tour of the day). If not, try going to Seven Mile Beach. You'll also want time to walk around the port area and do a bit of shopping. In Belize City, there are no beaches - we did a city tour and Mayan Ruin tour. I've heard the beaches are fabulous, but they're not in Belize City - you'd have to take a tour to one of the islands to get a good beach. In Roatan, there are beaches, but since we didn't do that, I'm not familiar with them. I know friends of ours hired a taxi driver (right from Port) and he took them to a great beach and waited while they spent some time there. If at all possible, do Stingray City - it really is an amazing experience. Your kids will love it!!
Old December 18th, 2003, 01:57 PM
texkan

Check the board at www.cruisecritic.com . I have also got some good info on ports there.
Old December 18th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Swimming with the Sting Rays is the #1 tour at Grand Cayman. If you have time afterit, just take a taxi to the Holiday inn Beach for a few hours. Please allow enough time to get back to town to tender back to your ship. At Belize, you will need to book Ambergis Caye or Caye Caulker tours from the ship. Again, this is a tender port and time is taken up with the tender process to shore. If you save money on private tours on the other ports, spend the money on a ships tour at Belize.
Old December 18th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Charlene and Danieal

In Grand CAyman I recommend Snorkelers Dream Catamaran for Stingray city. Its like a double excursion as you get to sail on a true catamaran as well as do 3 snorkeling stops includind Stingray City Sandbar!!! http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/St...yCatamaran.htm

In Belize definitely go with Sun Kissed Goff's Caye Beach & Snorkeling, its the only place I've heard of in Belize with a real beach and the snorkeling supposedly great!!

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/Be...lingBelize.htm

Cheers!
Old December 19th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Alex

We are going to the same places with our 3 children ages 6,7,9. Cayman we booked a tour to stingray city with Nativewaywatersports - great reviews. Roatan we are going to Foster's West Bay for a day at the beach and snorkeling - a 5 minute walk from where the cruise boats take you, much cheaper and less crowded. Belize we are doing the sunkissed tour to Goff's Caye with a snorkel stop on Elvis' Reef. If I did not have such young children I would definitedly do the Coral Breeze tour in Belize - reviews are awesome , but I think there is too much snorkeling for my children at their current ages.

Would love to hear from anyone who has actually done the sunkissed tour? It sounds much more child friendly.

Thanks! Alex