Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Whitney

Default Cozumel, Caymen Islands, Belize, and Honduras

Hi! My family and I are going on a cruise in 3 days and we will be traveling to Caymen Islands, Isla Roatan, Cozumel, and Belize. We have been to Cozumel and Caymen Islands before. We were on a cruise I believe 3 years ago. On the Caymen Islands we already went to Sting Ray City and we really don't want to do that again, but it was a great experience though so don't think i am disregarding that! And we really don't want to go to any place that has a lot of children because I am 16 and my sister is 20. We really don't know what else to do in the Caymens cause all we have heard about is swimming with the stingrays so if you know anything else we can do there, that would be great!

In Belize we planned on going snorkeling. We tried to contact this company Coral Breeze Limited to do the Belize Experience Tour, but they have not responded to us yet. We are kind of worried that they will not contact us in time. If you know of any other great places where we can snorkel at, that would be great!

Like I said before we have traveled to Cozumel. Last time we went to this beach that was about four miles from the port. I am not sure the name of it. We saw some things on here about Plan Acaar Reef. If you know anything about this place or any other great places we can go to, please tell me. We will be in Cozumel for a good 10 hours.

We are not sure of what to do at Isla Roatan. We have never been there before! So any information on what we could do would be excellent!

Thank you for your time!
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Jumpingjackflash

Default Re: Cozumel, Caymen Islands, Belize, and Honduras

Whitney,

In Grand Cayman there is also a great horseback riding excursion you can do. You get to ride a horse along a beautiful beach, its a really nice experience, something different from the stingrays:-) Even if you've never riden before its a great place to ride for the first time. You can find the excursion by lookin for Honey Suckle Horseback riding in Grand Cayman or go to http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com and its in the shore excursions section.

In Belize we did X-Stream Cave tubing and it was excellent, so much fun!!! If you prefer snorkeleing you might want to do Sun Kissed Snorkeling. They go to Goff's Caye and Elvis's reef I heard good things about it but I can't give you first hand info as I haven't done this trip. Both excursions are offered on http://belizecruiseexcursions.com
Old December 26th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think you will really enjoy seeing Roatan. Roatan is truly an ISLAND. Go visit the Marine Science area while you are there. Roatan is not commerialized like the other islands - it is an island. Beautiful, but very poor. When my teenage sons were with us there a few years ago they talk to alot of the kids that live there, very interesting how they live and survive. Walk from the cruise dock into the so called town, see how they live.
Old December 26th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Whitney

Thanks for the information! We were thinking about going horseback riding. We still want some more options for us to do. That Marine Science place sounds very interesting to go to. The thing is... I am going on a Marine Biology Trip in June with my school! So that sounds very interesting to go to. If you can, could you please tell me more information about Marine Science place? I would like to know what it is all about. Also in Cozumel, we won't get into the port till 1:00 p.m. We were thinking about going snorkeling there. So that means some kind of snorkel tour in the afternoon. Most of them are in the morning so I would like to know of any groups or tours we can go to. We looked up a couple of tours, but we would like to have someones input on where to snorkel first!

Thank you for your time.
Old December 26th, 2003, 12:58 PM
JLPage

Hey,
My family and I are going on the same cruise. I'm 16/f/ma.
Excursions:
Belize-Cave Tubing w/ Reggie
Honduras-not sure yet
Grand Cayman-Snorkling w/ the rays
Cozumel-Swimming w/ the dolphins

Good luck!
~Jessica
Old December 26th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Whitney

Thanks for your input Jessica! Swimming with the dolphins sounds like fun. I am gonna have to tell my parents about that one. I hope I get to meet you on the ship! Thanks again!
Old December 26th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Jeannie B

Default Re: Re: Cozumel, Caymen Islands, Belize, and Honduras

we just came back from Roaton...it really is a very beautiful island, but very very poor and lots of starving dogs...that really upset us, but maybe you can handle that...when we went, beginning of Dec. 2003, it rained all the time, but I hope that your day there is better...we went on a tour which took us up to visit a house at the top of a hill with a beautiful view, if the sun was out...the women that lives there is an American who used to live in Texas, but likes Honduras better...don't think I would want to live there, but everyone is different...like the good old USA a lot better....It is always nice to see other parts of the world, but then realize how lucky we are....

Jeannie