Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2003, 12:21 AM
KItty Cruiser

Default What to do at Princess Cays Island if I am not a beach per

HI, we are set for a cruise that is scheduled to stop at Princess Cays inthe Bahamas. I am not a water person, sun worshipper or horseback riding type. Normally at past ports we like a tour of highlights of the area, and then some time to shop around before returning to the shop.

The posting I have looked at have not included any comments about the the Princess Cays. What is there to do if you are not water oriented. Is there a tour of the island, could we walk around the island? Can we rent golf carts so we can run around the island? Also is there food on the island and is there additional cost for this? How long would it take to hike around it?
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique
Default Re: What to do at Princess Cays Island if I am not a beach

Princess Cays is a lovely little island and you don't have to be a water person to enjoy it. You can walk around - there might even be a walking tour, or you can just do it yourself - there's a great huge chess game where the pieces are about 3 feet high and you walk on the board to play. I don't think there are golf carts - maybe some kind of handicapped vehicles, though.

There is a bbq hut with great ribs, chicken, burgers, salads, all free. There is a bar hut with drinks the same price as onboard -just show your cruise card. I was once there and had a cold so didn't feel like doing too much so I came back to the ship after about 2 hours and still felt I had done something. The tender ride to and fro is fun and watching the gorgeous changing colors of the blue Caribbean waters is a real treat.

Enjoy!