Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:31 PM
TomasYPedro

Default St Thomas - Castaway Snorkeling

Looking to snorkle somewhere new at St. Thomas -- have swam at Trunk Bay and at the Mangrove lagoon (both great). I read the post about Buck Island Turtle Cove (and would welcome more input on this), but our ship offers Castaway snorkling on the LIMNOS (a power catamaran) and talks about Great St. James Island. Has anyone ever used this service? Any other recommendations?

We're really after reefs and fish ('specially those cute Sargeant Majors). :-)
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2004, 08:21 PM
D Walstead

Default Re: St Thomas - Castaway Snorkeling

HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Doubloon and snorkeling at Turtle Cove. You can reach the Doubloon via e-mail at Bert@Doubloon.com. Did it in Jan 2003 and will do it again in Feb 2004. Say hi from Colorado.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
Christy

Default Re: St Thomas - Castaway Snorkeling

Try the public Coki Beach or Coral World at Coki Beach. (You can do a Google search for Coral World). I went to Coki Beach and snorkeled on my own in October. i found I didn't even HAVE to snorkel, as the fish were coming up in very shallow waters. It's a nice beach, not too crowded and lots of coral reefs to check out.