Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Passenger

Default Tours done in West Carib.

Hey! My family just got back from Carnival Victory on Sunday. Cozumel was EXCELLENT! We used a tour called Wild Tours. A four wheeler trip for four hours through the jungle to a secluded reef; where we snorkeled for an hour; then were served lunch and soda/water; then four wheeled to some Mayan temples. Really Really Cool!!! The tour guides were wonderful...I never thought Id see my wife riding one.... at first she was a little intimidated, but a half hour later....watch out! Had two teens with us who also loved it. They allow doubles together and had a father with an 8 year old. The guides were more than patient, considerate and genuinely love their job. Web site of theres is wild tour.com (I think). They also have other tours for different tastes.
At Grand Cayman we booked a tour online with Sotos tours. At nineteen dollars a person they take their boat (good size...maybe ten people) and take you to two different snorkle sites....we saw a large variety of fish and coral . Real nice. Then they take yuo to a sand bar where there are a large number of stingrays(Stingray City) You stand in waist high water and feed them squid. Some are upwards of four feet across! Neat! Make sure you bring a few disposable underwater cameras. I dont think you can ever beat the price! (Find Sotos tours -use Yahoo)
In Jamaica I got in contact with Sea Lawn Coral Beach. Chef and Libby are a couple who are getting started renting rooms and tours. They are both returning from England after fourteen years. My Family was greeted at the pier by Chef, and drove twenty minutes to the village they live in, St. Mary. We sat on their porch drinking Ting,( a local soft drink), and talking for a few hours. Beautiful views and good talk. Some neighbors dropped in and out and by this time we felt like weve known them all our lives!!! They have a wonderful, PRIVATE little beach with its own reef you can walk to. Really gorgeous! Chef took us to several warehouse outlets that supply the hotels and ships with tee shirts and "tourist" gifts. We paid what they pay.... $1.85 a shirt and hand made items at a FRACTION that our fellow shipmates paid! His presence kept us SAFE and unbothered by Jamaicans who tormented many on our shipmates with pestoring "buy something stories". My family learned more about the "real" Jamaica than any one else on any tour! My wife and I are planning to fly down and hang with Chef and Libby for another week this spring. Their website is http://www.sealawncoralbeach.20megsfree.com/.
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2004, 06:51 AM
SyrRealtor

Default Re: Tours done in West Carib.

Thanks for your report! Sounds like you had a great time. What was the charge for the day with Chef & Libby? Was it just your family in the "tour"? How many people?

thanks in advance!
Old January 16th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Hi. Thanks for all the wonderful information. We are leaving Sunday with my in-laws and 2 boys, ages 11 & 12, for the same itenerary. I have been unsucessful in reaching sotos or trelawn. Or rather, I should say, in getting a return response. Do you have any recommendation other than websites to reach them?
Old January 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Tours done in West Carib.

We just returned and highly recommend: www.wild-tours.com (Cozumel)
http://www.sealawncoralbeach.20megsfree.com/ (Jamaica)
Old January 26th, 2004, 07:10 PM
judyO

I have been trying to get in touch with Chef and Libby. The email will not go thru from the website. Any suggestions. I want to book them. thanks Judy