Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Julie Attaway

Default Southern Caribbean "help please"

Hello

Mu husband, our 8 year old son and myself are going on the Golden Princess, September 12th, Southern Caribbean. St Thomas, Grenada, St Kitts, Caracas and Aruba. I have found some good information on what to do in St Thomas, St Kitts and Aruba but having a hard time finding what to do in Grenada and Caracas.
Does anyone have any good ideas? Thank You!

Navigator of the Seas 9/27/03
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:44 AM
D Walstead

Default Re: Southern Caribbean "help please"

Do you mean Curacao instead of Curcas? If so let me know as we are going there in a week and have found some interesting info to share.
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Julie Attaway

Default Re: Re: Southern Caribbean "help please"

Hi

No, it is Caracas (La Guaira), Venezuela.

Thanx
Old January 27th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Admiral

When we were in LaGuaria we took a ships tour it was a 4x4 jeep tour in the national park i think, what a blast! We had a great guide- we ate fresh caught local fish for lunch, spent some time at a beautiful beach, climbed a waterfall. We had a great time.
In Grenada we did a tour of the Spice Plantations and rainforest, beautiful and very interesting.
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Passenger

What have you found out about st kitts? I am having trouble finding out recommendations for this port. Thanks for any help!
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Carlyn

Oh this is so great, my Boo and I are also plaaning to take this same cruise. I think the ports are interesting and we are easy to please. Just being on these islands woory-free and away from home will do for us. I am really looking forward to the trip!

Julie have u been on the Golden before? If yes I would like ur impressions of the ship. It is actually our first cruise.

Thanks
Old January 28th, 2004, 10:42 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Virgin Gorda JELLY FISH?

we are planing to go to the baths at virgin gorda , but i have read from some of you that there is a problem with jelly fish there has any one been there and could they tell me about it should we go?
Old January 28th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Virgin Gorda JELLY FISH?

Jelly fish are not at the Baths at all times. Here is a suggestion. Go to the message board on the web site bviwelcome.com a few days before your cruise. Ask on that site what the jelly fish situation is at the Baths on Virgin Gorda. There are a whole bunch of locals who will be able to give you up to the minute information.
Old January 31st, 2004, 09:19 AM
Julie Attaway

Default Re: Re: Re: Southern Caribbean "help please"

Hi

The following things are the ones that have been recommended the most to do in St Kitts: Turtle Beach for snorkeling, nice drive and take bananas to feed the monkeys (My son will love that).

Take a tour of Brimstone Hill Fortress and Romney Gardens.

Nevis Island has also been recommend but I dont have enough info on that yet.

Julie
Old January 31st, 2004, 09:28 AM
Julie Attaway

Hi

No, I have not been on the Golden or have I cruised with Princess before. We took our first cruise with RCCL, Navigator of the Seas, last year and it was wonderful. We chose to cruise with Princess just because they use fresh water in there swimming pools not salt water. Salt water is fine to snorkel in but in a pool we like fresh water. (ok I know Im being picky and plus how long do you spend in the pool on a ship anyways) .

Julie
Old February 2nd, 2004, 07:53 AM
kiefaber455

Default Re: Re: Re: Southern Caribbean "help please"

Julie, actually your not being picky; one of the reasons we like Princess so much is because of their fresh water pools.