Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 12:43 PM
KV

Default Jet-Ski Rental

I'm looking for jet-ski rental information for 2 people--who? where? how much? are they in good condition(newer)?
I'm going on the Mariner 9/19/04 with stops in Nassau, St. Martin, St. Thomas.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:08 PM
James & Kelly

Default Re: Jet-Ski Rental

Hi. We always rent jet skis in St. Maarteen. Take the water taxi - $5.00 fee for as many times as you take it- over to the beach to your left. There is a man there by the name of Gavin. We have rented from him several times. He charges us $75.00 for one hour of use. Others will try to get your business, but ask for Gavin & tell him that you want a real good deal. He will also rent for 1/2 hour. You'll see the jet skis on the beach- he should be the first ones right off the taxi on your left. We usually go to Coki Beach in St. Thomas. Great for snorkeling - take your own cheap equipment- or you can rent it there- about $10.00 a set. Have a great time.
Old January 28th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

We rented a jet ski in St. Maarten when we went to the Little Divi Beach Resort. It was $80 for an hour. After having owned our own for many, many years, we found them to be disappointing as they get used so much that although the looked good cosmetically, they were pretty tired mechanically. But, my daughter who is 14 and unable to ride legally in Mass. was able to ride there which was a thrill for her.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:42 PM
KV

James & Kelly,

Thanks for the info. Do you remember the name of the beach the jet-ski rental is at in St. Maarten? How long does the ferry take? Do you know how much 1/2 rate is?
Thanks a lot.
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:56 PM
James & Kelly

Default Re: Re: Jet-Ski Rental

If you take the water taxi, the beach is on your left as you exit the dock. It is only about a five minute ride, you can see the beach from the pier. I believe you can rent them for $40.00 or $45.00 for 1/2 hour use. I'm sure you can haggle them down to $35.00 - just tell them someone else told you that they would do it for that. Enjoy!!
Old January 29th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Jet-Ski Rental

Thanks a lot!
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

A few more questions....
Can you go off on your own on the jet-skis or do you have to follow the leader in a line and go at a certain rate?
Is the beach very congested with water craft? (I don't want to run into someone!)
Old February 1st, 2004, 07:48 AM
James & Kelly

Default Re: Re: Jet-Ski Rental

You can go out on your own. I believe there were only about 4 or 5 of the jet skis out in the water. We would take turns riding, w/ my husband driving- of course! Enjoy!