Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:18 PM
clnscheffer

Default 1st time cruiser

Hi!

This will be my husbands and my first cruise. I am so excited.

We will be going to Key West, Cozumel and Belize(totally excited about Belize) We are looking into the shore excursations. What do you suggest and we found that if you book through an independant tour it is less expensive than with the cruise.

Any help would be great. Also any other info you can provide for a great time would be awesome!

God Bless!
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: 1st time cruiser

All of the shore excursions offered by the cruise line will be a little more expensive. Despite that, we still booked thru the cruiseline since we had comfort in the knowledge that should anything "unexpected" occur on our tour, the ship wouldn't leave without us.

I took my first cruise last Spring...I wasn't sure that I was going to like it, but it didn't take more than 10 minutes away from the departure port that I realized that I was going to have the time of my life. Just enjoy and be pampered....Cruising is awesome.
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to formulachk

You nahev to do the Cave Tubing it is awesome!!!

Carnival Legend 6/2005
Sovereign of the Seas 8/2004
Carnival Inspiration 1/2004
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Newie

Hi there!

Go go the web site belize.com and see what they have to offer in terms of Myan ruins. We used them to go there--there are 2 trips available (a 3 hour and 5 hour trip). Be advised that the roads in Belize are not good--lots of potholes, especially on secondary roads, so if you're not comfortable with getting bounced around in a van, I'd recommend the shorter trip. Our guide gave us a great tour of the ruins, and was cheaper then the trip offered by NCL.
The trip was great, and hope this helps you decide.
Enjoy

Newie
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Belize do the cave tubing either thru Reggie or Xstream (we booked xstream for our cruise in March).

Cozumel do stingray sandbar and there's a few companies I've heard are really great (nativeways and captain marvins to name a couple).

If you need some links just email me and I'll send some to you to look at!

Post Edited (01-27-04 19:46)
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Minor correction....stingray city is in Cayman, not Cozumel. But if you do stop in Cayman, stingray city is a must.
Old January 28th, 2004, 11:48 AM
First Mate

Belize was a little disappointing to me, but only because of the tour we took. we booked a tour of belize city and altun ha (ruins) and while it was good, I really didn't see the lush tropical rainforest I was expecting. I think you have to take a specific tour to find that or go to one of the tropical islands just off the coast. Belize city itself is poor and the ruins were ok to see, but not fantastic. Next time, I'd find some more nature like things to do to really appreciate the beauty of belize.